frontosa tankmates.

mcsx

hello, im just wondering what would be some good tanganyikan tankmates for fronts, people always say anything that wont fit in the fronts mouth, but i mean whats the general size rule to this?, and also what have people had successfully with their fronts.

already have alto's with them, would like something else aswell, thanks mark~

I have julie reganis, leleupi and gold comps with mine. Julies and comps breed fine, leleupi don't.

Tank is a 5x2x2 with 5 6 bars in it. Biggest fronty is 20cm male. The fronts breed as well.

Bruce

yeh awesome i was thinking about julies but wasnt 100% sure cheers i will deff look into them =]

I've got plenty of spaces for the julies and leleupi to get away from the fronts. If you are setting up a new tank put the julies in before the fronts to let them settle. If you ar putting julies into a tank of fronts, you may get some losses as the new fish are quite sure where to hid and are left out in the open.

Bruce

my fronts are only about 15cm at the moment im hopeing to get some already larger julies, would it be ok if i added them after the fronts..?, since i already have them lol.

They have more chance if you put them in while young,

But long as they are adults you should be fine if you give them hiding spots.

Ive had featherfins ,E/yellows E/blues,in with young frontys while they were growing up,

and they still breed.

Keep the Fronty well fed, helps.

mine seem to do ok on teh feeding. just make sure the food reaches the bottom of the tank and they gobble it up when it gets there.

i have 2 in a tank with a fair few mbuna and they always get food.

btw all fish are about 10cm long. so the mbuna are fast but not fast enought o eat it all

Archived