5ft tank project

FlashieFront

ON HOLD for a while due to work and studies.[/b]

Hi all, I'll be starting a 5ft display tank, similar to the 4ft one I previously did. Not sure what background I'll be putting in it, or if I'll just be painting it blue. Rocks not sure may be sandstone.

This is the 5ft*18*18 I'll be using. Need to take of that old blue paint, take out those corner filters and get some weirs happening first.

I'll keep you posted.

Here's the last photo from my 4ft tank project if you can remember, and the first one for this one.

IPB Image

Are you going to be constructing the wiers yourself?

I have a similar project of my own coming up for a tank the same size... So i'll definately be watching with interest :)

hey looks nice mate, keep us in progress, whats weir and what does the wier do ?

how excitment! i would love to be able to set up a few tanks like you guys do! what is a weir?

A weir is below. It doesn't have to be full of bio balls, it can just be left empty.

Water goes down there to a sump then pumped back up to the aquarium.

I bet you knew that, but just didnt know what it was called.

IPB Image

IPB Image

and MVP I wont be constructing the wiers myself. I'll most likely go see Wayne.

hey looks nice mate, keep us in progress, whats weir and what does the wier do ?

how excitment! i would love to be able to set up a few tanks like you guys do! what is a weir?

A weir is below. It doesn't have to be full of bio balls, it can just be left empty.

Water goes down there to a sump then pumped back up to the aquarium.

I bet you knew that, but just didnt know what it was called.

IPB Image

IPB Image

and MVP I wont be constructing the wiers myself. I'll most likely go see Wayne.

Ohh yeah i seen them on few tanks never knew that was called the wier thanks for clearing up

Archived