NLS running out of stock again

Red Tail Shark

when can we expect to see a supply that doesnt run out every few months its becoming a bit of a joke when will the distributors be able to supply a reliable steady supply , dont they want our money :confused: ,is anyone else have an opinion on this an insight maybe or perhaps another brand they can recommend im sick of having to be concerned whether im going to have enough to see me through till the next batch dawdles into the country

cheers Cal

when can we expect to see a supply that doesnt run out every few months its becoming a bit of a joke when will the distributors be able to supply a reliable steady supply , dont they want our money :confused: ,is anyone else have an opinion on this an insight maybe or perhaps another brand they can recommend im sick of having to be concerned whether im going to have enough to see me through till the next batch dawdles into the country

cheers Cal

Well personally I'm on Hikari as I'm on a strict budget. I know NLS is the better food but they're just that little bit too expensive and I don't like the sizing (I like buying pellets that are way to big and crushing them in a mortar and pestle) and availability unfortunately.

I regularly alternate between all 5 Hikari Cichlid pellets with my Americans, Cichlid Gold Floating, Cichlid Gold Sinking, Cichlid Excel, BioGold+, Cichlid Staple. Fish love it and I can't say I've had a single problem with it. Decently priced and available everywhere as I'm sure you know.

I used to feed NLS exclusively, but now I feed a combination of NLS and OSI Spirulina for a couple of reasons including the occasional NLS supply problem. If we run out of NLS they are still going to eat the flake.

cheers Cal

Maybe you should buy a spare tub now and keep it for a rainy day. The food will last if stored correctly in the right place :)

Cheers

Gary

Well personally I'm on Hikari as I'm on a strict budget. I know NLS is the better food but they're just that little bit too expensive and I don't like the sizing (I like buying pellets that are way to big and crushing them in a mortar and pestle) and availability unfortunately.

They do make 7.5mm floating pellets, isn't that how big the largest Hikari size is? Also when you buy a 2.27kg tub it gets dramatically cheaper & is actually cheaper than me buying the same weight of Hikari locally OR online (that I've seen - also Hikari ain't a bad food BTW)

C'mon Waruna, buy more bulk buckets in, you're losing sales here! I had to settle for Marine when I wanted Thera+A 1mm

I'm waiting on a tub of Thera A 3mm from my local distributor but have pretty much given up on it. I'll be buying something else this weekend unless someone tries to auction a tub on Saturday :) While I think its a good food & would prefer to feed it to my fish, I'd prefer not to keep waiting & buying smaller amounts of other stuff in anticipation of 'maybe next week'.

Heck - make a fortune and sell it by the handful!! j/k

I'm waiting on a tub of Thera A 3mm from my local distributor but have pretty much given up on it. I'll be buying something else this weekend unless someone tries to auction a tub on Saturday :) While I think its a good food & would prefer to feed it to my fish, I'd prefer not to keep waiting & buying smaller amounts of other stuff in anticipation of 'maybe next week'.

Heck - make a fortune and sell it by the handful!! j/k

Ben @ AoA had 3mm Thera+A in stock yesterday - I'd cancel the order & grab it off him before it is gone.

Remember guys, most of the varieties, "Cichlid" "General Purpose" Marine" etc are the same damn thing with a different sticker on the box - look at the nutritional breakdown & buy a tub that has the breakdown you want in the size that you want.

They do make 7.5mm floating pellets, isn't that how big the largest Hikari size is? Also when you buy a 2.27kg tub it gets dramatically cheaper & is actually cheaper than me buying the same weight of Hikari locally OR online (that I've seen - also Hikari ain't a bad food BTW)

Really? Can't say I've ever seen them online or in any stores! I might pick up a 300gm tub of 3mm next time I'm out but I'll still primarily feed Hikari I think. The huge tubs are decent value but the big outlay of $100+ is more that what I'd like to spend on fish food, even if it would last me a year ;)

Really? Can't say I've ever seen them online or in any stores! I might pick up a 300gm tub of 3mm next time I'm out but I'll still primarily feed Hikari I think. The huge tubs are decent value but the big outlay of $100+ is more that what I'd like to spend on fish food, even if it would last me a year ;)

Just be aware 600gm of 3mm stuff is over $50 so for a bit over twice that outlay you getover four times as much food.

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/spectrum_fish_food.php

Seriously bulk is way cheaper in the long run

Just be aware 600gm of 3mm stuff is over $50 so for a bit over twice that outlay you getover four times as much food.

Seriously bulk is way cheaper in the long run

Indeed, I'll just hold off and pickup one of the huge tubs when I get the chance. Cheers.

I'm waiting on a tub of Thera A 3mm from my local distributor but have pretty much given up on it. I'll be buying something else this weekend unless someone tries to auction a tub on Saturday smile.gif While I think its a good food & would prefer to feed it to my fish, I'd prefer not to keep waiting & buying smaller amounts of other stuff in anticipation of 'maybe next week'.

G'day Lonx, we have plenty of Thera A 3mm buckets in stock, if you can't purchase it from your usual retailer please try another stockist. If you click on the NLS banner above you should be able to get a list of shops that carry NLS.

C'mon Waruna, buy more bulk buckets in, you're losing sales here! I had to settle for Marine when I wanted Thera+A 1mm

Hey Ash, i apologise mate. Hang in there for three weeks and everything will be back to normal :)

Hi all,

Unfortunately the container we received in January sold very quickly. There was a delay (about 6 weeks) with that shipment and by the time it hit our shores most of the retailers were out of stock. That shipment pretty much sold straight away. We are trying our very best to get our stock levels back to normal. Our next shipment is due in three weeks and every thing will be back to normal then.

I apologise for any inconveniences.

Cheers,

Waruna

C'mon Waruna, buy more bulk buckets in, you're losing sales here!

Our next shipment is due in three weeks and every thing will be back to normal then

4 months between shipments! it maybe better to bring in 20ft boxes more often or air freight a couple of pallets in between shipments. or convince Pablo we need a more consistent supply. may i be so brash to suggest doing a larger bucket, to get more product into the country. where's the kink in the supply line?, production, supply, shipping? someone needs to raise the bar

my fish [tangs, tropheus, malawi and sa's] have been living on a mixture of nls pellets and marine flake from various size [more expensive] jars since october, as the january order sold so quickly. i still have some tropheus on spiralina, to stretch out the nls. [and they seem to be doing well]

this order is due in 3 weeks ?, we can only hope it arrives on time, without getting lost in SE Asia or the ship breaks down. or the truckie decides to have a week off after leaving Perth.

just as well a mate managed to grab hold of the last 2 buckets of multi purpose nls in captivity. people with many tanks of tropheus need a more consistent supply, these fish cannot have their diets changed back and forth. i think i'm onto a good thing, .... i'd like to stick with it

good to see im not the only one looking at the alternatives all i can say if i find something else ill be making a complete switch dont need to be mucking around trying to switch betwwen foods all the time

orgazza point taken about a spare but thats a lot of spares im already buying 3-4 buckets at a time just ask Ben (AOA) i just bought 5 tubs and they wherent all tubs of first choice some where 2nd and third choice

cheers Cal

good to see im not the only one looking at the alternatives all i can say if i find something else ill be making a complete switch dont need to be mucking around trying to switch betwwen foods all the time

Yeah me too!

I think NLS is great but if i cant get my hands on it or have to buy little tubs to get me out of trouble, its just not worth it.

• 1 month later...

Archived