Pseudotropheus saulosi

MCB

Hi,

I am after 1m and 3f Pseudotropheus saulosi (am living in Adelaide). These will be the main fish in my tank and am hoping that they will breed. Does anyone know where I can get good quality ones from that have been subject to as little inbreeding as possible? The male will be the only blue colour in the tank so I would really like one with strong colours. The problem I am finding is that the ones in the fish stores are so young that they are only just turning - so I have no idea how they will end up.

i am not sure where you can buy saulosi in adelaide from because i live in sydney but i hav very recently been recearching theses great fish and hear that one male will not display alot of blue colour unless breeding or if there is another male around to compete with. with this in mind if u wanna keep a stunning blue male then(tank size permitting) you should get 2 so that one will always be displaying. this is just from what i hav heard and i hav not experience in them atm but hope to very soon.

fishkid

I've got them and would hve to agree with fishkid here on some aspects. From what i believe i have 1 male and 3 female. 1 male is dominate and shows great colour while i think one female may actually be a male as it is showing increasing colour. But i think this is actually due to the females holding at the moment. If they all hold then it is 3 female 1 male but only time will tell.

Archived