Breeding Flame Back Cichlids

BOG6ON

I have 3 females and 1 male in a 5x2x2 community tank and was wondering if anyone has any secrets or help they could give me with breeding these guys. I had them separate in a 3ft tank and the male killed 3 females overnight, so moved them back into my community tank. The male just doesn't seem to take notice of the females, and when he does see them he just chases them. :dntknw::(

Luke.

• 5 weeks later...

Bit of a late reply not sure on your efforts as yet but mine will not stop breeding. I have been slack with them and all the females have held and as soon as the fry are big enough to fend for them selves the female dies. Starvation I think? The male is an amazing looking fish really colourful. Mind you he chases everything in my community tank including stuff more than 3 x his size like Red Forest Jewells. My male and females are both about 2.5cm to 3cm long. The first time they spawned was in the middle of a ammonia spike work that out.

I have 3 females and 1 male in a 5x2x2 community tank and was wondering if anyone has any secrets or help they could give me with breeding these guys. I had them separate in a 3ft tank and the male killed 3 females overnight, so moved them back into my community tank. The male just doesn't seem to take notice of the females, and when he does see them he just chases them. :dntknw::(

Luke.

Archived