Display ideas

cprize

Hi all, im going to take a break from cichlid breeding and setup a tank for display only.

I have a spare 4ft tank, im wanting to keep africans in this for display, i was thinking the only way to have a tank without them breeding is to keep only males.

Is this possible? if so, what can be kept with each other? males only.

i want colour, definaltely a male e. yellow, c. moori male & e. blue male.

Any other suggestions? My gravel is 80% black and has scatterred yellow gravel through it.

Ill be buying them around 3-5cm and then selling females and excess males.

Thanks!

males only can be done easy. lots of fish shop have male only display tank in newcastle as the males are more colourful and attact more attention.

with what to put in the tank is up to you. 4ft means nothing to large but from your current selections it should be fine.

maybe throw in a few shell dewellers to give the bottom some action and possible a some form of alto (calvus or gold etc) if you like the looks of them that is.

anything you buy at 3cm or so isnt going to cost you the earth and people are always lokking for extra females so you shouldnt have trouble off loading them.

jason

thanks, id need more rocks & pots, just to give them some hiding spots etc.

im thinking of -

*e. yellow

*blue dolphin

*e. blue

*afra cobwe

*kingseizi (spelling?)

*maingano

*red zebra

im going to keep those different ones, maybe more if they are alright together :)

*cmmon bn & albino bn (big males)

Ended up getting a large male common bn 10cm, i have 2 male e yellows 6cm, 4 unknown 4cm, 1 male kingseizi 4cm, 2 male mpangas 4cm, 5 c. moori 4cm, 4 cobalt blues 4cm & 2 maingano males 5cm.

Im going to sell the excess males or females that come out of this, or put them into breeding tanks.

:)

Hi all, im going to take a break from cichlid breeding and setup a tank for display only.

Ended up getting a large male common bn 10cm, i have 2 male e yellows 6cm, 4 unknown 4cm, 1 male kingseizi 4cm, 2 male mpangas 4cm, 5 c. moori 4cm, 4 cobalt blues 4cm & 2 maingano males 5cm.

Im going to sell the excess males or females that come out of this, or put them into breeding tanks.

We got another ONE!! :lol3::lol3:

Stop breeding Cichlids? It just can't be done...

:thumbup:

Archived