Placing a tank next to a window ..

Bedge

Hi everyone,

Due to the latest Mr Hunky drama (drip drip drip), we are going to get a new tank ... probs 6 ft.

The only place we could really have it is up against the wall / windows at the back of our living room. It gets sun in the morning. I know this poses a algea problem, so I was wondering if there is any way of combating this. Is there some sort of something that could be purchased from a bunnings or similar that could be placed against the back of the tank?

Thanks .. as always.

While you're at Bunnings buying your Plastic tub...haha...get yourself some shade cloth and use that against your tank or the window.

Even easier would be to drape a towel over the tank during the hottest and brightest part of the day.

Cheers.

So many things at that place, for all sorts of reasons and definately for fish keeping.haha.

You are spot on about the weather......almost time to turn the aquarium heaters back on.....and slap on long sleeves!!

a bristlenose makes a nice morning snack for my fish!

The new tank will fit in my 'tank spot' in the lounge room, so luckily it will stay clear of the windows.

Archived