Will this work?

DartzMan

Yes it will, although it may work better from a biological standpoint if reversed

I am building an "L" shaped Tank, and will be having 3 of these in.... 1 mechanical, 1 bio and the 3rd for my heater..... I wil have a pump in the heater section so as to distribute warm water all over the place

It will work but if the power goes off or your turn the pump of all the waste from the filter will end up back in the tank.

It is still overkill

Remove the back sheet of glass and put a divider under all the media. Then use an uplift connected to the power head to pump the water. basically run it backwards to what you drawn

Josh

It is still overkill

Remove the back sheet of glass and put a divider under all the media. Then use an uplift connected to the power head to pump the water. basically run it backwards to what you drawn

Josh

Gday Josh, I understand what you are saying however the pump is a pump and not a power head... I have a couple hanging around here and wanted to use them in this set up

Then why not put the pump in the bottom of the filter and pump it up?

How big are the pumps?

These types of filters need time to do their biological filtration. Thats why IMHO they work better using air driving up lifts.

Josh

Then why not put the pump in the bottom of the filter and pump it up?

How big are the pumps?

These types of filters need time to do their biological filtration. Thats why IMHO they work better using air driving up lifts.

Josh

The pumps handle about 1100 Litres an hour....

This will be my second tank,

It will be around 400 Litres. L Shaped.. I will be adding your drop filters in the back 3 corners so I can hide with a background..... I am hoping with the three filters, using Air Lifts the water turnover will be sufficent

I was hoping to use one corner for a Bio Filter.. one corner for mechanical and the 3rd for a small Bio and If possible hold the heater......

Archived