Silicone pin head leak

Evo

You mean use silicone in the tank while it's still full of water?

Not sure if there's a water cure one that's safe for fish, but I know you can get silicones designed to cure in water (for water tanks etc). Best to email the manufacturer and ask.

Personally I wouldn't risk it, especially if it's in the house. I'd empty the tank and do it properly with an "aquarium safe" silicone.

You mean use silicone in the tank while it's still full of water?

Not sure if there's one that's safe for fish, but I know you can get silicones designed to cure in water (for water tanks etc). Best to email the manufacturer and ask.

Personally I wouldn't risk it, especially if it's in the house. I'd empty the tank and do it properly.

Im pretty sure most silicones keep leaking toxins unsafe for fish. I have a tube i got from a construction site i was working on a few years ago and it states on the back that it is safe for use in fish tanks. So make sure you use the correct one to save any heartache n undue suffering on the fish ;)

Only use aquarium safe silicon (as indicated on the tube). You can however have a go a fixing the tank with this silicon while full of water. The silicon will cure even under water, the trick will still be blocking the hole. Normally with a tank that has a leak, you would empty it, strip of the offending silicon, and re glue. Doing the repair job underwater will prevent you from doing a proper job, but you might be lucky and plug the hole. If it doesn’t work you may still have to drain the tank. Either way ONLY USE AQUARIUM SAFE SILICON.

You can buy silicon that cures under water thats been developed specifically for aquariums and ponds containing fish at the time. It guarantees to have no effect on your fish. You may be able to get the hole if you lay a thin layer of silicon and then smooth with a finger, but you will need to make sure it covers the previous bead of silicon entirely.

Sam.

Archived