stunned silver shark

vieja

was cleaning my tank today when my stupid bala shark decided it was safer out of the water rather than in.

managed to put him back in (on about the third attempt - bloody slime) only to have him catapult himself into the lid another couple of times (smashing his head on the rim for the lid).

he is now a stunned stupid shark, listing around on his side at first and now just sitting in the corner not moving.

i figure he's pretty much screwed as even if he does start to come good my managuensis will probably bash him for not moving enough but i thought i'd canvass for ideas or anyone else who has had this happen and saved one.

he's 14" and one of my favourites.

thanks in advance.

dale.

Im assuming that because you were cleaning the tank, that u keep good quality water?

1 thing that can put most fish into a scared jumpy state can be combination of water quality, noise around the tank, how fast you move around and in the tank.

so-forth. maybe the fact that theres a fish that might "bash him" could be a contribution.

:dntknw:

give them things a go,

Karl.

Im assuming that because you were cleaning the tank, that u keep good quality water?

1 thing that can put most fish into a scared jumpy state can be combination of water quality, noise around the tank, how fast you move around and in the tank.

so-forth. maybe the fact that theres a fish that might "bash him" could be a contribution.

:dntknw:

give them things a go,

Karl.

cheers mate...

water quality - not TOO bad (the fish i've got left can get away with 3-4 week changes)

noise around the tank and how fast you move - is exactly what happened (i was trying to rush the clean b4 work)

the jag doesn't normally bash him (he's killed 2 13" RDs and his own 9" female and never touched the shark) i'm just a bit worried because now that he is a sick fish he just became a prime target (even my clown loach will probably have a go) <_<

i was kinda after a recovery regime but i'm pretty resolved to the fact he either lives or dies really (being a big bala there aint no point putting him in my 2 footer as a quarantine it'll just stress him more)

thanks anyway, appreciate your response

Edited by vieja