AAE shipping cost?

Tam

Best thing to do is measure the box and then phone them. They will calculate a "virtual" weight based on the box's volume and base their charges on that is if is more than the box's actual weight.

my mate just sent a box of fish to adelaide or perth. it was a standard size foam box with 8 bags inside. it cost him $100.

i assume it will be a little bit cheaper. but who knows??? call them up i say.

Cheers

LuNGz

Size of box and weight is how they cost it.

But approx $60. I got some fish from Gold Coast

last week and they were sent door to door

with Fast Way freight.

Great saves that trip to Airport and $40 for large box.

Best sent Mon, Tue,Wed.

Hope helps

Check Virgin freight too, they tend to be cheaper than AAE

Still it is airport to airport so Fastway might be easier for your situation, though I dunno how they go carrying live stuff.

Virgin are cheaper, but I think you need an account with them nowadays. I always worry about shipping live fish when they have to change hands, as there is the potential for them to be mislaid or put on the wrong plane. At least with airport to airport on a direct flight you're reasonably safe. With a courier company, there is also always the risk that a lazy franchisee will decide they can wait until tomorrow.

Cheers, Doug

Virgin are cheaper, but I think you need an account with them nowadays.

With a courier company, there is also always the risk that a lazy franchisee will decide they can wait until tomorrow.

well said Doug, we all know about that problem!

Hey Doug ,, Your fish were in the box as well and not one was lost.

Did lose one ps though.

Pretty good for over nite.

The driver rang to say what time drop off as well.

So cant say a bad word about Fastway.

But you cant tell with these truckies !!! ay Col !!!

I would not use them in the winter.

I had a std box i sent to Townsville and it was $80 with AAE.

two separate shipments just recently from Melb. by AaE

box measured 57x38x38, actual weight 8kg, cubic [virtual?] 32 cost $91.50

i've had a couple of cheaper shipments, i spose it just depends on who applies the rules and who don't

Virgin [Toll] are much cheaper, but you must have an account, not very easy to gain though. you need an ABN as proof of a business

so just keep it in mind ppl, if you need to have fish shipped, allow an extra $100 on top of the cost for the fish

so just keep it in mind ppl, if you need to have fish shipped, allow an extra $100 on top of the cost for the fish

$ 92.41 sending 9kgs in a box to perth with AAE

Main offender to price is the weight.. Ive sent around 10kgs down to Melb and the price was a tad below $70. And again, that was with AAE.

As a price comparison between the 2 companies i sent 2 boxes identical in size(590L*450W*300H) but both were different weights. Both from the Gold Coast to Sydney,Virgin-box weighed 10kg,price $42, AAE box weighed 3kg,price $46,a third of the weight but still dearer. :angry:

As a price comparison between the 2 companies i sent 2 boxes identical in size(590L*450W*300H) but both were different weights. Both from the Gold Coast to Sydney,Virgin-box weighed 10kg,price $42, AAE box weighed 3kg,price $46,a third of the weight but still dearer. :angry:

you will find that generally the weight of the box does not matter. you could send 2 identical boxes, different weight, same place and it will cost you the same (AAE) its based on some sort of a cubic measurement. for the typical size "bay fish" box i believe it works out to be about 12kgs. so as long as you dont go over 12kgs it will be the same price.

but as someone mentioned it depends on who is applying these rules, cost varies all the time, sometime you get lucky and only get charged "actual weight".

HTH

I think Memo has it right,

Harder with Virgin as need an account but cheaper if you go throught the hassle with that.

And as chevguy says can all depend if you get luckly with AAE.

I've rang AAE got a qoute only to get a cheaper price at the depot.

If its dearer then i hassle with them ,, They are pretty good and most times will take the Quote,

Pays to get the name of AAE person,

Cubic size is how it goes ,,, as said up to 12Kg, which is pretty heavy.

Still believe Fastway to be a great deal to your door.

As said $40 from Sunshine coast to Sydney ,, & Lg box as well.

But maybe a problem at winter time.

Tks John

Archived