white froth on the surface of a planted tank

Sarah

its almost as high as the froth on a cuppocino :lol3: , though no laughing matter i cant seem to get rid of it, my tank is cloudy like a fog , thats how dense it is, i have heaps of froth that is about 2 inches or more high, ive done numerous water changes , added a canister to the tank, all the inhabitants minus a few fry i couldnt catch were removed from the tank on friday, its a catfish tank that was treated for possible ick a week ago , i understand that no doubt due to 2 treatments the filters probably crashed but i was doing water changes with aged water not just tap water, then on Friday my tank turned white and looked like the sea with all the white froth on the surface, it hasnt improved since despite adding prime, last week i added ammolock , can ammolock have this reaction, :(

anyway just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, i cant remember when last i had a ammonia problem as i tend over filter all my tanks, i dont have any big tanks running currently so ive got no spare aged water with bacteria in it ,

cheers

hey dude, i have added to much melfix and stress coast to a tank before and had a foam promblem bu no where near as bad as what you are having, i guess if the tank has bombed out and no fish in there i would consider starting again, 3/4 water change and filter clean, consider it a new tank and start it up like one

Archived