Air Blowers

jeppry

does anyone any information on how they have set up there air blower ?

how many tanks they are running with it and how many LPM it is ?

cheers Brett

Hi Brett

I cant help you much about brands etc (Ive got a cheap resun that i was using to run about 40 sponge filters at one stage, with air to spare).

I do know that if you set the air up to run in a circuit (circle) and then tap the circle to supply your sponges etc then you get a much better, stronger and steady pressure.

Mike

hi Brett

are you actually using a blower or a diaphram pump ?

not a real lot of difference on how to set them up, just that blowers can very noisy.

i have a 25mm pvc pipe run around the room at ceiling level with 20mm drop downs for each bank of tanks with 4mm taps screwed in and run the airline to the tanks

yes i have baught a blower (HG-250) *400LPM* not to sure on the exact brand its on this site http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalog...36&catID=47

for the noise side of things ive made up a ply box covered with soundguard insulation and a air intake for fresh air n cooling .

for the piping i have 25mm pvc pipe, 4mm tapes and a s#*t load of 4mm air tube

the circuit idea sounds good instead of capping the ends .

cheers for the help guys much appreciated

for the noise side of things ive made up a ply box covered with soundguard insulation and a air intake for fresh air n cooling .

i don't think just 1 air intake will be enough for cooling the blower, these things get very hot and melt the plastic handle. the heat will also cause the bearings on the spindle to seize.

i hope that your tanks are not in the house

ok cheers for the advice.. the tanks are under the house(queenlander) so i might have to put an exaust fan of some sort in the picture for cooling purposes ???

Archived