Tank mate ideas

bobandchez

Hi Everyone :raisehand:

I'm just about to start setting up a three foot tank in which i going to keep a couple of pairs of Neolamprologus Brevis as i've always wanted to keep shellies. I was originally going to have them in a tank on their own but as their going in my lounge room and that particular room of the house is controlled by my better half, (along with many others, actually all others) who believes that my Brevis are boring and would like some colour in the tank. my question is givin the relatively small tank what suggestions do people have to fill the middle and upper levels of the tank with colour.

Thanks in advance for your help

Bob :thumbup:

How big is your tank?

You could possibly add julidichromis, altolamprologus and cyprichromis depending on the size of you tank and whether you were serious about raising/keeping fry. There is someone selling a colony of cyps in Orange on this forum I think.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce :clap

I only just realized i never put the tank dimensions on my original post. The tank is 92cm long x 36cm wide x 50cm high. At 3 foot do you still think tank mates are possible. Whilst it would be nice for my Brevis to breed raising and keeping fry is not a high priority to me

hi, a leleupi or two would add some colour that your other half might appreciate. They will certainly appreciate the snacks provided by breeding shellies! I'm not 100% sure on compatibility as i have never kept shellies. I can't think of any cichlids for the upper levels in a tank that size though, it's a bit small for cyps IMO. Thinking outside the box you could perhaps try some dwarf rainbows?

Archived