How much to drill holes in tanks

Michiel

Hello

i just got a quote and it seems that it is around $50 per hole.

Is this normal?

Thank you

Michiel

That sounds a bit steep to me.I would think around $10 to $20 a hole.

You could try drilling your own if you have a lot to do.Just use plenty of water when drilling & you should be fine.

A 40mm drill is about $15 to $20.

Wayne

Hello

Is this normal?

Thank you

Michiel

You could try drilling your own if you have a lot to do.Just use plenty of water when drilling & you should be fine.

Wayne

Hi Wayne

I have a lot to drill. I have a 40mm drill already but was not aware that this could be used on glass. I was told by a friend it has to be diamond coated...

Thank you

Michiel

Hello

Is this normal?

Thank you

Michiel

Wayne

Hi Wayne

I have a lot to drill. I have a 40mm drill already but was not aware that this could be used on glass. I was told by a friend it has to be diamond coated...

Thank you

Michiel

Yes you will need a diamond hole saw for cutting Glass.You should be able to get it from bunnings or any hardware store.If you are not sure of what you need you can have a look on ebay just do a search for glass saw.

Wayne

Hello

Is this normal?

Thank you

Michiel

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Thank you

Michiel

Yes you will need a diamond hole saw for cutting Glass.You should be able to get it from bunnings or any hardware store.If you are not sure of what you need you can have a look on ebay just do a search for glass saw.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne

The same friend also said the saw costs $300. On ebay it sells for 25.

I will try my hand at cutting it myself

Thank you and have a nice day

Michiel

Theres a few clips on youtube that shows you a correct way of drilling a tank.

Heres a link

hth and good luck!

Thank you Moops

I looked at the videos and does not 'seem' that hard.

It saves mem 1200 just for the holes!

Oh and the tanks are 100 overpriced

Michiel

Theres a few clips on youtube that shows you a correct way of drilling a tank.

Heres a link

hth and good luck!

Thank you Moops

I looked at the videos and does not 'seem' that hard.

It saves me 1200 just for the holes!

Oh and the tanks are 100 overpriced

Michiel

I'm happy to give you a hand. I've drilled a few tanks over the years. Easiest way is with a wooden or plastic template and lots of water.

I've got some diamond holesaws, but no 40mm ones. I think 32mm might be the biggest. I got mine from ebay and they work just fine.

Hiya mate

Take alook at this IPB Image

Drilling holes is super easy, make yourself a template out of any old timber, clamp it to the glass and start drilling, add some water as you go, not too much juss enough to keep it moist. Once you score the glass u can remove the template if u wish, the video is of me drilling, i had already removed the template when i thought i should video it for peeps, but it will give u an idea of how easy it is.

Ray tah tah :clap:clap:clap:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

Hiya mate

Take alook at this IPB Image

Drilling holes is super easy, make yourself a template out of any old timber, clamp it to the glass and start drilling, add some water as you go, not too much juss enough to keep it moist. Once you score the glass u can remove the template if u wish, the video is of me drilling, i had already removed the template when i thought i should video it for peeps, but it will give u an idea of how easy it is.

Ray tah tah :clap:clap:clap:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you very much

That sold me, 24 holes to go

They confirmed yesterday that they are charging $50 a hole. I would preffer a hole in the head instead for that price (ie brain surgeon) not funny I know but you have to make do with what you have...

Weekend time is project time

Archived