What to put in a 90 liter

Robbo2232

Hello Friends!

have a spare aquaone 90 liter tank, i had some kribs in there but they where boring.

Any sugestions for a some fish that wont hide all the time

i was thinking about some brichardi but i have heard that they like to sit in caves all day too!

i suppose this will turn in to a wanted to buy thread! :lol4:

Thanks

Why not some Lamprologus Ocellatus or stappersii? they are always up to something and fun to watch digging around their shells..

Hello Friends!

have a spare aquaone 90 liter tank, i had some kribs in there but they where boring.

Any sugestions for a some fish that wont hide all the time

i was thinking about some brichardi but i have heard that they like to sit in caves all day too!

i suppose this will turn in to a wanted to buy thread! :lol4:

Thanks

leopard spotted bush fish... they are great, mine come out most of the time. come up for feeding and swim thru all the plants

deck out the tank with plants and driftwood + rocks and gravel. .. then get a nice light.

+ a pair of abn bristlnose would be good.. they are bright so you can see them and they will feel secure with all the plants and wood.

just a thought.. hehe

i was thinking about some brichardi but i have heard that they like to sit in caves all day too

I have a tank of kiku, walking past the tank you wouldn't know there were even any fish in there - other than the odd BN on the glass. If you sit still near the tank for long enough they will come out, but the slightest movement and they are gone again. They are fine to watch from a distance, but not great fish to just look at all the time/anytime!

What lake do you want them from... kribensis are a fun fish. if not bolivian rams or apistogramas. hell if you breed the apistogramas im sure you can sell the babies prettyy easy too, plus the plants you have in there look to me more interesting than rock formations

i didnt like the kribs untill i put them in with my geos and wow! they coloured up and showing off great little fish!

in there own tank tho... boring!

i dont realy care what lake its from, just something that dosent hide all day.

What lake do you want them from... kribensis are a fun fish. if not bolivian rams or apistogramas. hell if you breed the apistogramas im sure you can sell the babies prettyy easy too, plus the plants you have in there look to me more interesting than rock formations

i think appisto's would go great in a tank that size, or for another option maybe some nice looking rainbows??

I've got a soft spot for Brichardis'. The couple(not breeding pair)

in my 6 foot display are out all the time.

The breeding pair in a 40L all in one tank(too small but will be in new 90L tank tomorrow ;) )

will hide as been said. But, the fry are not as skittish and can be

seen swimming most of the time :thumbup:

HTH

Dave

ok so i dont know what to do,,,,,

i think it will come down to price and will probably make my mind up from there,

what the sort of price that i would expect for a pair of brichadis or a conolny of shellies?

Thanks

Hey Robbo stop procrastinating and go for the brichardi....

I'll give the thumbs up for keeping N. brichardi, they are in my opinion a much underated cichlid. They are the first Tanganyikan I kept. Whilst not awesome in colour the trailing filaments on the tail fin are spectacular also a nice metalic blue through the cheeks.

They are unique in that they are a substrate spawner and step breed which effectively means that adults, subadults, and even small fry will guard a territory and help in the rearing of the next generation of fry which all makes for an interesting tank.

I have a 4fter with 3 breeding pairs and about 50 juvies of varying sizes, maybe it is a safety in numbers thing but they are all always out and about.

Here's a pic of one of my females with a belly full of eggs.

IPB Image

I know that al sounds like a marketing speil but I thought it may help you deciede. I would buy probably 6 and grow them out, they will breed from about 5cm in my experience.

Cheers

Ross

But i like procrastinating!!!

have you got a pic of your tank?

i know its only a small tank so i can only have smalll easly scared fish but i just dont want them hiding all day. i supose if i set up some caves where i can see in and they feel safe, it might work i do like brichardi.

how much will a pair go for?

I bought my breeding pair off another forum member for $30.

I was (and still am) very happy with them, they bred 2 weeks after I got

them, and have bred every 3-4 weeks since. Only down side is in such a small tank the newborns do get cannibalized.

Now moved into a bigger tank (560x400x400) we'll see how they go.

Good luck

Dave

Archived