Suggestions to add with my Calvus

newcichlid

Hi All

Just thought i post to see what are other ppl ideas. I have a 4x18x18. Currently 4 Black Calvus (8 more to come in 2 mths) and 1 EY (2 died yesterday ).

pH 8.6

gH 12

Temp approx 25-27C

Substrate gravel 5mm (i think???) - If need be, could change it to 2mm gravel for Occies, etc.

What do you guys suggest? Occies? Leptosomas? more EY?

Thanks for your suggestions

Eric

How big are you calvus? Why are you adding 8 more? I would have thought that a colony of 4 would be ideal for a tank that size, but if they are juvies, then I can understand why you want to add more to sort out your pairs or groups.

I have 2 colnies of calvus. One colony of 3 fish are in a 4x18x18 with electric yellows and maulana peacocks. I've had a female spawn before in that tank.

I also have a pair in a 4ft tank with taiwan reef, benga peacocks and a breeding pair of julies. The julies rule the tank here. All the other fish occupy two thrids of the tank, and the julies own 1/3.

But I think keeping a colony of non jumbo cyps, and some cave spawners or shellies should be fine.

Bruce

If your going for looks with the extra fair enough, although for pairing, you have enough.

I like the idea of more EY's & Leptosoma would be a great match.

Regards Symphy ;)

How big are you calvus? Why are you adding 8 more? I would have thought that a colony of 4 would be ideal for a tank that size, but if they are juvies, then I can understand why you want to add more to sort out your pairs or groups.

I am guessing that i have at least 1M and 1F, not too sure tho. The biggest is approx 6cm and the smallest 4.5cm. They came from the same batch. The extra 8 are 2cm now but the breeder wont give em to me yet till 2 mths later.

I am looking to fill the tank and like you said till i know the pairs before taking some out. I know someone who has 22 Comps in a 6ft tank with occies.

Archived