Bloat Cure

Evo

Hi, i have heard that trichlorfon (dimethyl trichloro hydroxyethyl phosphonate) is good for curing bloat. I'm in victoria and can't get Cloat but trichlorfo is supposable an active ingredient that i can get. Will this help with bloat?

Hi, i have heard that trichlorfon (dimethyl trichloro hydroxyethyl phosphonate) is good for curing bloat. I'm in victoria and can't get Cloat but trichlorfo is supposable an active ingredient that i can get. Will this help with bloat?

Ingredients

4-[p-(dimethylamino)-)O-phenylbenzylidene]-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-xylidene dimethylammonium chloride;dimethyl (2,2,2-trichloro-1-hydroxy-ethel) phosaphonate;1,2-dimethyl-5-nitroimidazole and inert ingredients as non-toxic binders

that was the hardest thing I have ever typed in my life. Typed straught off the bottle.

yeah the vet in my area won't prescribe it to me because he doesn't know anything about fish... Hence the topic about trichlorfon Can't find anything on the net that prevents or treats it. Octozin is not avaliable in aus anymore either is cloat. What am i going to do? Would be really good if someone had something like this and they could give me a name of the product or better yet send some to me :( :D

UPDATE: Fish seem to be getting slowly better. The smaller of the two Electric Yellows is swimming a little better and comes out at night for a stroll. The larger is still staying in the pots but occasionally swims to the other pot on the other side of the tank. He is the largest fish in the tank.

yeah the vet in my area won't prescribe it to me because he doesn't know anything about fish...

What am i going to do?

Evo

do you run to the DR every time you cough or sneeze, asking for antibiotics to treat the flu ?

i don't believe your fish have bloat. what you describe are not symptons of bloat.

there are many symptoms that are common to various diseases, albeit with very minor differences. only microscopic testing of blood and faeces will identify it with certainty. an autopsy and further testing can diagnose a specific problem with internal organs

at least the vet is being truthfull. he can't [by law] prescribe antibiotics without seeing the fish. if he knows zip about fish, no point in looking at it and taking your money. there are not too many vets that do know much about fish, but there are a couple doing some serious research into fish related infections. but it all takes time and money and they need live infected fish to study.

if you could throw clout, metro, dimetro, octozin, sterizen etc at fish without knowing what you're treating, it

only serves to weakens the power of these drugs for their intended use, due to the parisites or bacteria building up an immunity to the drug. this not only reduces the effectivness for fish, but it also impacts on the efficency of these drugs in humans as well. some of these drugs are also linked to producing cancer in lab tests. these drugs are not easy to obtain, for a reason.

please be carefull what you finally track down and use

i know this is bloat because i have had a few fish die of it. First of they start to not eat. Lingering round the bottom of the tank not moving, Finally a little while later they blow up like a ballon and within 24 hours of this final stge they die.

• 2 weeks later...

first time one of my fish ever got bloat i gave our Sponsor Daniel at A2C a ring and he made the medicine on the spot. i forgot what its called but it treated my male msobo back to full health.

I believe Daniel at A2C uses dimetro. But don't quote me on that. Dimetro is also good for treating bloat but should only be used for bathing fish, as it kill beneficial bacteria in your filters.

HIH's

I believe Daniel at A2C uses dimetro. But don't quote me on that. Dimetro is also good for treating bloat but should only be used for bathing fish, as it kill beneficial bacteria in your filters.

HIH's

I happened to be talking to him today, and he said he has dimetro, which is water soluble.

thats it, dimetro.

yea i had him i, his own 2ft hospital tank.

he was bloated, pale and was just hanging at the bottom of the tank when i started treatment. by day 3-4 he had laid solid waste and was looking less bloated.

by day 7 he was swimming around i guess looking for food so i started soaking the dimetro in nls feeding him sparingly.

after 3 weeks or so hes back to full health and back in the tank guarding his cave once again.

Archived