whats the best flake to feed lake malawi cichld

fongyfong

I've recently been using HBH Cichlid Flake Frenzy. Lots of the good stuff in it and all my fish, including my fry, love it....fairly cheap too. I paid around $16.00 for a large tub.

Very happy with it.

I used to feed my African cichlids Sera flora exclusively, until one day it was out of stock at my LFS. I tried OSI spirilina flake and noticed an improvement in colouration over about a one week period. Then I tried NLS and the rest is history.

Matt. ;)

I used to feed my African cichlids Sera flora exclusively, until one day it was out of stock at my LFS. I tried OSI spirilina flake and noticed an improvement in colouration over about a one week period. Then I tried NLS and the rest is history.

Matt. ;)

Does NLS sell it in flakes?

Matt. ;)

.I have used sera flora not only the fish are showing nice colour but also the health.

Matt. ;)

No they don't mate. But if you feed your fish some Sera flora or OSI spirilina with NLS you will get good results.

Matt. ;)

No they don't mate. But if you feed your fish some Sera flora or OSI spirilina with NLS you will get good results.

Yeah was wanting flakes cos i noticed with NLS pellets when i feed them and they dont eat them they stay there and it comes with fur around it and starts floating around do you get this? with ur pellets?

and thanks guys for ur help gonna try some of these

Matt. ;)

Yeah was wanting flakes cos i noticed with NLS pellets when i feed them and they dont eat them they stay there and it comes with fur around it and starts floating around do you get this? with ur pellets?

Try starving your fish for a couple of days and then feeding NLS pellets. Obliviously you haven't weaned them over to pellets from what ever you were feeding them before.

NLS flake formula is identical to NLS Thera A formula.

Cheers,

Waruna

Matt. ;)

Try starving your fish for a couple of days and then feeding NLS pellets. Obliviously you haven't weaned them over to pellets from what ever you were feeding them before.

NLS flake formula is identical to NLS Thera A formula.

Cheers,

Waruna

Yeah these are all new fish from the fish store

Wow. Never heard of fish not liking NLS before. :blink

I used HBH Cichlid Flake for a while then switched to Wardley Cichlid Flake - no real difference there in my opinion. I also use HBH Veggie Flake - good quality and cheap.

Even though they go crazy for NLS Cichlid pellets, my fish are quite happy to have either of these flake brands when on offer.

Archived