Setting up a 6x2x2 with sand

Richard

Hey guys,

Im transfering what was supposed to be my lake Tang tank which turned into a Malawi tank into a lake tang tank..confusing ehh? laugh.gif

Well im gonig to have a pair of furcifer in there and im planning to get some leptosomas.

I know they are open water fish so i shouldnt put much caves and rocks in so what other fish could i put in? I was thinking of putting some shell dwellers in but the furcifer may bash them up.

Any opinions would be muchly appreciated.

cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

currently in my 6x18x18 tank, (or did have in there) are a colony of 12 leptosoma malasa, 7, 5cm foai magara, 4 regani, 2 spilopterous, 2 flavipinnis, and a few bristlenoses, every one got on quite well, the foai were starting to get a bit touchy but nothing major, and mostly between themselves,(although they will get their own tank as they get bigger) The tank has creek sand 1-2cm thick, and a rock pile at one end about 8inches high, at the other end are two larger rocks, and a few small rock piles of 2 or 3 rocks along the back. Surprisingly the leptos will swimm through the rocks, the flavipinnis like to sit on them and watch, the regani live in them, the magara and spilopterous stay out of them... it is an active kinda tank and looks pretty good, will look better as the fish get bigger.. Hope that this helps a bit.

Archived