Malawi Cichlids

Ged

Thanks for that Aline. :clap

They were originally Baz's fish and he kindly donated them earlier on in the year. Everything helps when you are trying to foster interest in cichlids with the students. :thumb

I love the Mloto. The one in photo will now eat out of my hand.

The P saulosi by far are the most popular. The difference between the males and females is a big factor.

The students have their favourites though. Some of the students like the L sp. "hongi" because they are prolific breeders whilst others like P. livingstonii beacuse of their love of shells. The O. tetraspilus for their size and the contrast between the blue and yellow whilst others like the S fryeri and L caeruleus for the intense blue and yellow.

I think that the beauty of keeping cichlids is that there is such a great variety that everyones personal preference can be catered for. We don't just expose them to African cichlids but to the all the possibilities.

Ged

No love for those gorgeous rusties :o

Glad the livingstonii are gathering somewhat of a following though. Absolutely awesome fish, with really subtle colour, so very underrated.

The Rusties have a small but enthusiast following. Once they see them in the right light they are hooked.

I will try and take some picture of the P livingstonii that show off the beauty of this underrated species. I love them.

Archived