Intank Fry raising systems from Prettyfancy fish

LucifersJester

Colin,

PM Matthew or Aline and I am sure a piccie will be posted for you. I liked the look of them too although I would probably paint (or something) the bottom so the fry inside don't get too intimidated by the goings on around them but that is just me.

cheer

rosco

Colin,

PM Matthew or Aline and I am sure a piccie will be posted for you. I liked the look of them too although I would probably paint (or something) the bottom so the fry inside don't get too intimidated by the goings on around them but that is just me.

cheer

rosco

What's Matthew's and or Aline's login? Aline is Chimimbi?? :dntknw:

THe one being referred to is a fair step above these. I have used the DIY fairly successfully but in particular for raising catfish fry the acrylic ones are the best I've seen.

Check this link. Step by step directions and pics.

http://www.sydneycichlid.com/old_scp/frytank.html

The whole of one side is a filter sponge and is where the water from the tank filters in as the air lift tube pumps the water out of the fry saver. If you follow what I mean.

The Blue stuff is Filter media.

I have seen these fry tanks they are the bee's knee's.

Josh

Unfortunately we do not have a current picture to post up. We have had some supply problems but will have a picture as soon as possible.

The prototypes can be seen here.

Pretty Fancy Fish - Fry Raising System - Fry Box

The blue media seen at the end is foam. Water is drawn in through the foam. Water is removed from the "Fry Box" via an air powered uplift (not shown). After the cycling period a bactrerial culture is created in the foam, this ensures the fry actually have better water than the parents.

The "Fry Boxes" will have black foam not blue as shown in the linked picture.

Two different designs are also available. One for a tank with no rails and a version that is designed for tanks that have rails that run along the front of the tank.

(Rails are just an extra piece of glass that lids often sit onto.)

The "Fry Boxes" are available in two different sizes - 26cm and 36cm.

If you are interested in purchasing a "Fry Box" please register your interest on the web site.

The Team

Unfortunately we do not have a current picture to post up. We have had some supply problems but will have a picture as soon as possible.

The prototypes can be seen here.

Pretty Fancy Fish - Fry Raising System - Fry Box

The blue media seen at the end is foam. Water is drawn in through the foam. Water is removed from the "Fry Box" via an air powered uplift (not shown). After the cycling period a bactrerial culture is created in the foam, this ensures the fry actually have better water than the parents.

The "Fry Boxes" will have black foam not blue as shown in the linked picture.

Two different designs are also available. One for a tank with no rails and a version that is designed for tanks that have rails that run along the front of the tank.

(Rails are just an extra piece of glass that lids often sit onto.)

The "Fry Boxes" are available in two different sizes - 26cm and 36cm.

If you are interested in purchasing a "Fry Box" please register your interest on the web site.

The Team

I hate supply problems - :( But they are a part of business... :dntknw:

I shall eagerly await some better picks of the system. I am quite eager to see them...

If anyone else has one could you take some pics and put them up online?? I am so interested to see some good pics of these :thumbup:

:lol4: Hey you can breed a pair of Killifish in there :thumb

Can it be made with a simple lid as well? I can make them myself I suppose. With some of my killifish I can see them jumping through the gap between the fry tank and the main tanks lid even though the gap might be less then a cm. I do not want adults to jump out or jump in if I am raising the fry in there! I know this was designed with a lot of different fish in mind apart from killifish, but I think it will fit the bill perfectly.

Do I get a discount if I bulk buy :B:roll

Who else from Canberra is after some?

Hi depending onthe timing I will be inerested in at ;east one of them. I could also pick them up at a set time if we are heading to a Sydney meeting . That is of course if and they are available if the cash can be organised beforehand (Sorry but apparently my kids need to eat :lol3: ). I have a high regard for the people who are selling these units and they will deliver if it is in their power. :thumb

cheers

rosco

We have a limited quantity of Fry Savers available :)

They will be sold as the orders are received.

More will be arriving in three weeks time

Please register your interest or your order through our website.

PrettyFancyFish Fry Savers

Special orders such as a “lid” can be arranged, these will obviously take a little longer to build and cost a little more, but the manufacturer is very professional and will happily take on suggestions and modifications should you require “special versions”

The Team

• 3 weeks later...

Just got mine today, and these are tops. :thumbup:

Build quality is excellent, and they look much better in my tank than floating icecream containers! Waterflow though the saver is much more than expected.

Thanks Matty and the PFF team. Great idea guys. :clap

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived