oxygen with no air stone in tank

Tunnel Rat

Hi people

I am setting up a 5x2x2 (you will be very sick of hearing about it soon trust me :p )

So I hate air stones & air bubbles in the tank what I was thinking of doing is adding the air stone to the sump :shock: or lots of air stones to the sump will this work :confused:

This is a display tank which I do not wont to see any pluming the only thing that will be seen is a spray bar at one end it will have a lot of surface water movement & filtration.

thx

Rat

Air stones only allow oxygen into the water by breaking the surface and allowing it to transfer. You'll be achieving this anyway if you have lots of surface disturbance from your filter.

Unless your fish have some special requirements that we are not aware of, you should be fine without one :)

I've never had an airstone in a display tank.

Air stones only allow oxygen into the water by breaking the surface and allowing it to transfer. You'll be achieving this anyway if you have lots of surface disturbance from your filter.

Unless your fish have some special requirements that we are not aware of, you should be fine without one :)

I've never had an airstone in a display tank.

Thanks Baz I know that breaking the surface was allowing oxygen to transfer but always thought the air stone was adding oxygen to the water by it self as well. I learn a new thing every day on the net :thumb but just got a Eheim 400 air pump :cryblow:

just got a Eheim 400 air pump :cryblow:

hmm, that's sad!

your current filtration system will do all that you want it to do.

however, if you need to justify the purchase of the ehiem 400, hook it up to a couple of 12" air bars and place them under the bio media section of the sump. the air flow will benefit the bacteria.

or sell the ehiem to redeem the cash

how did all the hard work on the stand turn out?

cheers; Colin

how did all the hard work on the stand turn out?

cheers; Colin

Hi Colin still going with the stand :lol5::lol5: but its looking great.

My wife won on the color but I am so happy she did I mixed two stains redwood & Mahogany.

But as I do I got carried away with it what was going to take two days is now into day five.

I did two coats of stain & I am now on the 3rd coat of varnish just about to rub it back again now and then give it its 4th coat :lol3: its killing me.

will post the finished piece of art lol.

thx for your help as I did go with Feast Watson stain & varnish the same brand as black japan.

cya

Rat

Hi rat

The spray bar that you have got will achieve great aeration so if you need to get rid of the eheim 400 I know someone that is going to buy a new tank and is after one :p

Look forward to seeing pics of the finished product

hope it is finished before your holidays end ;)

about to rub it back again now and then give it its 4th coat :lol3: its killing me.

will post the finished piece of art lol.

evey time you look at that stand, and recall the pain, you will believe that it was worth every ounce of effort, blood, sweat and swears that you poured into it. and you can proudly say 'i did that'

Hi rat

The spray bar that you have got will achieve great aeration so if you need to get rid of the eheim 400 I know someone that is going to buy a new tank and is after one :p

Look forward to seeing pics of the finished product

hope it is finished before your holidays end ;)

Hey Veny

Do not know if I can use that spray bar yet as I now have a latex background to fit if I can use it I will.

You will see the finished product because you will be helping me lift the bloody thing :clap

It will be finished before my holidays are over because I just got them extended two more weeks :lol5:

So have fun at work sucker :thumbup:

ps you still thinking about that 6x2.5x2.5 don't think to long remember what happened last time :cryblow:

Hey Colin its like a mirror can do my hair in it lol

cya

Rat

Archived