T duboisi advice please

shaneo

Hi all over the past few weeks ive noticed my duboisi have became alot skitish when im near the tank does anyone have advice on reverseing this.

Cheers shane

Hi Shane,

i think u need to give us a little bit more information here :lol3: .

How big is your tank and how many duboisi do u have?

Is the tank in a heavy traffic area?

Have u done something recently to them like place a big net in and try to catch them or move the rocks around?

They are not actually scratching or rolling on the substrate - a sign of ich or white spot?

Has the water parameters changed at all - nitrate levels, kH, pH?

Very often, i find juveniles become a bit nervous when there are not enough of them. They need the numbers to feel safe to get out of their hiding places.

If they are all eating well then u don't need to worry about the dreaded bloat...but usually with bloat they become listless and hide near the top or the bottome fo the tank.

Sorry for all the questions.

hth

Dave

Hey Dave none of the water parrameters have changed they are in a 6x2x2 there is 12 in the tank. Also there isnt much traffic around the tank but i did move some rocks the other week just a couple trying to encourge them to use that end of the tank. They all seem to hide behind a big anubius on drift wood but when im not around they all come out and swim even a couple of them have held. So im pretty sure it would be because ive moved rocks but how do i encourge them to come out with me there?

Thanks shane

i have found having 2 rockpiles up to the top of the tank (ie. near the surface of the water) will really give the fish more confidence in the tank. Make sure the rockpiles are secure to prevent them falling and causing serious damage to your tank.

Hey Dave thanks for all the advice i add some more rocks to the tank making the piles higher and also some more caves and now they are out alot more and are displaying better colours then ever before also 1 has just started holding.

Cheers shane

Archived