Trickle filter & sump.

catfishLegacy

Steve what else do you recommend then?

He doesn't want a canister, doesn't want air-driven filters, and wants the tank to be REALLY well filtered with super-saturation of oxygen.

What are you recommending?

get a couple of eheim 2215 or 2217 and it will be all good, or maybe a wet/dry 2229 filter! clean the tank very well.

or a 2250.

depends how much you stock your tank makes a huge difference aswell

Planning on setting up a display tank, want it to be REALLY well filtered and I have a distaste for canisters.

*cough* ;)

I have been thinking about this idea ever since Trofius(I think...) posted his diy overhead trickle filter a while back. If the hood on the tank was made extra high, would it be viable to conceal such a device under the hood, and still have enough room for lights? It could be fed from a powerhead so would be pretty economical really. It would certainly be a simple and very economical way of filtering a tank, with the added benefit of being very easy to clean the filter. Being tall, the extra height is not a prob for me, but I have considered making the stand a bit lower to make it look right... SO basically it would bee similar to those curved from aqua one tanks, but more betterer... :p

Jason

Archived