Tropheus and NLS H2O Stable Wafers

CThompson

I have recently started to use the NLS H2O stable wafers. I feed my Tropheus with NLS, and due to this I don’t believe this extra food is needed for any dietary requirements.

But I tell you what, for entertainment value, dropping 2-3 wafers in a tank with 50 or so Tropheus is good value. For me and the fish :thumbup: !

They grab one with ¾ of it sticking out of their mouth (they remind me of one of those South American native people who insert plate like objects into the mouths/lips), and run (figuratively speaking), with the wafer swaying from side to side like the tongue of a dog with its head sticking out a car window. One will steal the wafer, and go bolting trough the tank with half a dozen other fish in pursuit like a flock of seagull chasing after a companion with a morsal of food :lol4: .

I have seen them wack it on rocks trying to break a piece off (is that tool using?)

As anyone who keeps Tropheus knows, these fish are intelligent, and I see the wafers as a good way to give them some mental stimulation. I only put in a few at a time, but due to their hard nature, and the fact they are "stable in water", a few goes a long way.

I will probably get more once the container is finished, not really for its dietary benefits, but because of the mental stimulation the Tropheus so obviously derive from it. Not to mention the entertainment from my point of view ;) .

When fed to a tank of mbuna, they certainly picked over it, but the contrast between them and the Tropheus was quite marked.

Craig

I am also using NLS H20 stable wafers for my tropheus and it is like a rugby match everytime i feed them!!! :thumb Even my fry have a go at it! I find they like it a lot better than the HBH wafers!!!

I think i will need to order 2 kilos of the stuff very soon!

Only problem is the catfishes never get a chance to get some! :dntknw:

I am also using NLS H20 stable wafers for my tropheus and it is like a rugby match everytime i feed them!!! :thumb Even my fry have a go at it! I find they like it a lot better than the HBH wafers!!!

I think i will need to order 2 kilos of the stuff very soon!

Only problem is the catfishes never get a chance to get some! :dntknw:

I’ve got over 50 K1 in my colony now, I don’t think any catfish would get any/enough food should I put them in the same tank, regardless of what the food is. That’s why I keep my Tropheus as a species tank. First species tank I have ever kept, so at first it was a new experience for me, but I must say, I have not regrets not putting other fish in with them as Tropheus are enough just by themselves.

A rugby match is a good way to describe the wafer scrimmage, too (just as much organisation :B )

Craig

Archived