yoyo loaches(pakastani loach)

hutch

hi all.

looking for some help.

my misses has come home with 3- 2 inch yoyo loaches .

are these able to live in a african set up.i have several tanks to choose from but they are all -ph-8.6,gh around 10,and kh around 12-14.

i have clowns in one that are doing fine,are these similar,for hardyness and care ect.

any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

neil

They should be fine as long as you bring the pH up slowly. Syphon some water from the tank they are going into into thier water through an air line with a clamp. The drip should be slow - say over a 2 hour period. pH shock is the biggest killer when introducing fish to new conditions.

Yeah, they should be fine.

Like Bijengum said just acclimate them to the water slowly with a drip (siphon through an air hose and clamp it to get the desired drip rate).

good luck.

thanks for that,dont know much about them.

all seem to be doing well(so far),cichlids dont seem to show them much interest???

cheers

neil

yeh,

thanks for that,toufic.

i put them in with some electric blues and my aulonocara red rubens.(breeding colonies)

they pushed them out of caves for a while but soon lost interest in them.

i dont think they see them as any real threat!

plenty of hiding places for them if things get rough.

cheers

neil

l too have them in with Africans...display.

WARNING <_<

You need to watch all loaches with mouth brooders that you are trying to breed, they will tickle them under the chin at night and steal the eggs from their mouth, as Mr Peacock (Aussie) found late one night.

The alarm was raised when he was getting smaller than usual mouth fulls from his peacocks, a midnight inspection with a tourch revealed a clown loach(that l gave him :B ) laying tummy to tummy with a peacock and sucking out an egg every time the female moved her lips :lol4:

hmmmm you got to love the way loaches can edapt to get food! Put three yoyos in my 4footer as snail control and in a week there almost no snails left!

anyway loaches are very adapt able but you have to make sure that the values dont change quickly. If they do White spot will set in or they will just keal over in front of u.

thanks ,for the warning!

sneaky little buggers!!!

i'll have to keep an eye on them,ther's 7 females holding in that tank atm.

hopefully this is a learned habit over time,not instinctive. :dntknw:

thanks to all,for the advice.

they have settled in well,prehaps too well :lol1:

cheers

neil

Archived