Online camera store

Matty

Hi guys, I'm looking for any good online camera equipment stores based here in Oz. What experiences have you had with any stores? Please reply good or bad.

I remember a few weeks ago, a store (mainly selling Canon lenses) was mentioned in a thread and even linked to, but I can't find it. (C'mon Ged, help me out.) :lol2:

I'm after a Canon 60mm macro lens (or a 100mm if I can find one cheap enough) plus a few other accessories.

Thanks in advance. :thumb

Hi guys, I'm looking for any good online camera equipment stores based here in Oz. What experiences have you had with any stores? Please reply good or bad.

I remember a few weeks ago, a store (mainly selling Canon lenses) was mentioned in a thread and even linked to, but I can't find it. (C'mon Ged, help me out.) :lol2:

I'm after a Canon 60mm macro lens (or a 100mm if I can find one cheap enough) plus a few other accessories.

Thanks in advance. :thumb

I know you said oz but no one comes close to B&H (well Hong Kong does) thats where I got all my Len's from.They come with canon world wide warranty save a lot of $$$

I have got four lens the 580ex + more from them so far the only one that I got stung with customs was the 400mm F/5.6L EF lens had to pay 10%gst + $40 custom fee still saved close to $1000- on the best prize I could get for cash here in oz.

The Canon Telephoto EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Autofocus Lens cost me $674.66AUS thats to my door no more to pay :thumb you will not beat that in oz.

Not sure which lens you are talking about canon do not make a 60mm macro as far as i know of but the EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro Auto focus Lens will cost you $358.26AUS all up TYD.

They do a 65mm macro but that is the MP-E 65mm lens big dollars.

Just make sure you send them USPS air mail not FedEx or DHL as you will get stung paying gst & custom fee all the time.

Link

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...;Q=RootPage.jsp

cya

Rat

Tunnel Rat.. You picked up the 400mm F/5.6 for $700 ?

No the 400mm F/5.6L cost me $1482.05AUS the best price I could find in oz was around $2460- Where in oz can you get that lens for $1700 :confused: they go for that second hand on ebay :thumb

This is by far my sharpest lens I have.Never thought the EF 135mm f/2L would be beat I loved that lens but sold it not long ago as I did not use it much after I got the 100mm macro which is also very sharp for a none L-series.

I try to buy a new lens every tax return but this year its a new tank 5x2x2.

Have you got the 400mm too ?

cya

Rat

Nup, but I can net the 400mm f/5.6 for $1759 in Australia.

Im saving for the 300mm F/2.8 L IS next.. with the 2x TC... :thumbup:

The 300mm F/2.8 L IS great lens you will love it I know I would.Not a fan of the 2x Tele-Extender gone back to the EF1.4x II(auto focus still works with most lens)

Yep a freind of mine got a lens cheap from a place over north Sydney think he said it was called Discount Digital Photographics it was the 17mm-40mmf/4L still got mine cheaper from B&H.They are a middle man for a Hong Kong dealer they come with 12 mth Canon International Warranty not Canon Australian Warranty.So I still ship them over myself & still save.I have had the 400mm for over 1-1/2yrs now there was no one even close to that price back then.

But if you are talking $1759- with Canon Australian Warranty thats cheap I would pay that little bit extra to keep the money here but I don't think it would be from Canon Australia at that price ;)

So please tell where ?

cya

Rat

Yeah def get them here for $1759 or even cheaper, PM me if you want details..

Im thinking the 300 f/4 next as the 2.8 isnt possible ($$$$$$$$) wise.

I have the 1.4x TC and its good, it only loses 1 stop of light and still retains autofocus and IS.

Archived