RIP Grandad Plec

TropheusQueen

Hi all,

Our grandfather plec is not very well today and it looks as though he will not see the end of his twenty years with us :(

He is a strong boy though and maybe a few well directed prayers to the catfish gods from all of you special enthusiasts may help :hug:

Cheers

I am sorry to hear of grandads plight, its always sad to have a long term fish-friend in his situation.

Well here's to a speedy recovery or a peacefull passing :cryblow:

Our thoughts are with him (and you).

-Mat-

Sorry to hear that Ailine. How's he going. You do get attached to old friends.

Hi all,

Our grandfather plec is not very well today and it looks as though he will not see the end of his twenty years with us :(

He is a strong boy though and maybe a few well directed prayers to the catfish gods from all of you special enthusiasts may help :hug:

Cheers

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes.

He passed away sometime during the night :cryblow: normally king of the tank he took himself away to a back corner late yesterday afternoon and that is where I found him this morning :( .

Here is a link to a pic taken a few months ago.

http://www.plecoforum.com/edit_post_form.a...ID=371&PN=1

He is being buried today and as with all of the favourites, will have a small tree planted over him.

Some specs:

He was somewhere between 19 and 20 years old :)

He was 48cm long - he continued to grow slightly each year.

He moved homes 4 times in his lifetime ending up in a 6x2x2 with his companions.

He loved his flake and would skim the top surface for an hour each day and was quite a sight to see :hug:

He wouldn't take any crap from the pesky clowns, nor the platydoras that gave him grief but he allowed the bristlies to climb all over him cleaning his armour :)

He allowed us to touch him, and would play with us during water changes - barbs tucked in.

He was getting paler each year - pleco equivalent to greying I would imagine.

He was never known by any other name than Plec - grandfather was added about 2 years ago.

I miss him already :cryblow:

RIP big man.

"Error

You do not have permission to edit this post!

Return to Forum Topic

"

You pasted the edit link as the URL. I registered, but cant view the link you provided.

My condolonces with you. Its sad when a fav fish passes away. :cryblow::cryblow::cryblow::cryblow:

He passed away sometime during the night normally king of the tank he took himself away to a back corner late yesterday afternoon and that is where I found him this morning .

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss he seemed to be a real character. :cryblow::cryblow::cryblow::cryblow:

At least I did get to meet him after the Gong Auction. :thumb

cheers

rosco

Archived