Fish room finally finished....

trofius

Well It has taken a few years to get complete, and have added the last stands and tanks, and replaced a few older tanks that are not the best fit for the shelves, or the desired fish.

The room was the garage, but i came to an agreement with the wife, one tank in the house if i can have the garage..hmmm fish room :p

i now have 5 stands, I have tried to maintain consistancy with the colours, all metel is white, all wood is blue. i even tried to make all the stands from the same size metal, for consistancy....yes i can be anal. :blink

I have also insulated the rollar door a lot better, i dont think there is a clear shot, but i have gotten 3mm mdf and 3mm ply and sandwiched 20mm polystyrene between them , all sealed up and has a door to allow access to the rollar door still and outside.

Air is provided by way of a LP60, 90lph pump that plumbs into 20mm pvc pip making a complet circuit behind all the stands, and a cross over pipe above the higher tanks to the other side of the room, also have power running along this pipe to get to the otherside.

Heating & cooling is by way of a 2300w reverse cycle aircon, and does a wonderful job

first stand is 3 tier hold 2, 4x18x18 tanks. acaras, and severum on top venustus, dolphins and cuckoos under

IPB Image

then on the left as you walk in another newish stand, 1900long 3 tier, 600 wide, on top is a 2 foot fry tank, and a 3x15x15 tank for angles.

middle is two 3x2x18h tanks for tropheus fry, and for my X spilopterous

bottom is two more 3x2x18h for magara fry/black calvus, other is for X flavipinnis

IPB Image

also on that wall is this stand same as before, top is 5 2 footers for various neolamprologus sp. and fry

middle is a 6x18x18 with leptos and E, melanogenies, a few caudos

bottom has three 2x2x18h tanks, nigripinnis.more flavipinnis,/quaranteen, meds tank, /bristlenoses

IPB Image

Other side closest top is a 6x2x2 with the foi, duboisi, brichardi

bottom is two three footer, attenuatus, and multi tanks

further rack is two 6x2x2, top is my T.ilangi, bottom is T Kiriza.

IPB Image

Plus there is the 8 footer in the house no more pics of it until it is finished, still have stand, and plumbing to sort out a an aquascape overhaul.

Hope this helps and inspire you all.

Fantastic stuff. Down the track I intend I am thinking about doing a re order of my fish room so I would need bigger stand made up for my 2 6x2x18's. What thickness and size are the steel stands?

cheers

rosco

the 3 tier for the 4x18x18 is 40x40 2.5mm legs, 50x25, 2.5mm rails

the 6 foot 3 tier stands, and the 2 teir 6 foot stand is 50x50, 3, and 2.5mm legs the rails re 75x50,3mm and they still bow all but slightly( diaganal) braces under each shlef would have stopped this, but really it only sags about 3mm, not too worried, on the stands with a 6 foot tank it is almost unnoticable, just with 2 tanks it sags a bit, but considering there is >600kg per shelf its fair enough.

all steel is gal, all stands have adjustable feet to allow for any unevenness of the floor.

Nice set up!! something to aspire to one day :lol1:

really good job!!

thanks for the comments :roll

Yes josh it is a releif to have it done, now its just weekly water changes , and monthly filter cleans to worry about and daily feeds of course.

I tried to make the area usefull there is about a 4 foott gap in the middle between the racks, this gives me enough space to pop up a chair and kick back and watch the fishes, in the warmth! I also layed vinyl on the floor so it would be easier to keep clean and mop up any water. so you can actually sit, lay sleep ( yes it has happened a few times now) on the floor out there and drift off watching the fishes. it makes the area more enjoyable for vistors aswell. i try to keep clutter organised or evicted to the garden shed, the pine brds under the 6x2x2 duboisi tank are actually huge draws, on the left if medications test kits test tubes salts etc, on the right contains all the hardware we tend to hord.

I have seen a few fish rooms that are very cluttered and have crap everywere, to outsiders it doesn't seem to give a good impression of the hobby i feel. Most people i have visit are genuinly surprised at the set up and the types of fish i have, also i beleive in first impresions, so when some one comes around to buy fish they are more eager to spend a bit more... ;)

i also bought a inside outside temp guage, that has an inbuilt humidity guage, humidity usually sits betwen 45-60% the room temp flactuates from 26-29 inside during a current day. but it is a fairly well accessed area considering the other end includes the second fridge, and the laundry.

if there is any part of the fish room anyone would like to see in more detail let me know, and i should be able to get a pic.

mate that fish room looks awesome! i know what you meant about cluttered, it looks pretty clean!

(yes, you must be anal hahaha)

very nice job, well done!

ok here are some pics that kinda encompase the entire room.

from the laundry end, you can see the air line transversing the room about 7 foot up, also the insulating wall i built covering the rollar door.

IPB Image

IPB Image

from the laundry end with the panel removed to allow access outside, i have plans to double the size of this doorway, as the fish really like a bit of sunlight.

IPB Image

from outside the garage/fish room looking in through the opening.

IPB Image

hope that helps with the layout and showing the area better.

• 5 months later...

i try to keep clutter organised or evicted to the garden shed,

Great setup!

how big is that garden shed you mentioned? Surely you have thought about evicting the washing machine and dryer out there as well? :yes: The missus wouldn't mind would she? :B:blink Imagine the extra tank space :lol4:

Hope it all goes well,

Ben :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Great set up, looks neat..

Whats the power consumption like? Also how are you filtering these tanks and heating thanx

im pretty sure he has alot of it on air and i think there is a reverse cycle air con in there from memory

Archived