New fish - new pics

ViS

Will post more pics as they grow (still only 5cm or so).

I love these little guys. The two pictured are the two boys. I have 3 girls in the left part of the tank with the smaller boy. The bigger boy stays where he is pictured and flares at the others from his side of the glass :lol2:

Brilliant to watch. They are full of beans :lol1:

IPB Image

Damn they look good, even at that age and size. Have they showed any signs of bowering? Everyone, you can get these from Qld if you want ;) .

Bruce

They've already bred once for the previous owners (I bought the 11 fry as well), and they look like they'll breed for me very soon. The boys are 5 and 6cm and the girls are 4-5cm.

Just beautifiul :wub

I have one very lonely pleuro boy that came with a tank a few years ago who is very excited at the prospect of some friends when they become available :hug:

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

They look quite similar to the Callochromis stappersi "rasberry heads" i used to keep Andy. I love them all. Brings back good memories. Very cool genera of fishes.

:shock:

Umm no. :lol2:

If I get 6-10 I'd be very happy.

Remember they are only 5cm or so. She doesn't have a droopy throat either. I'd guess maybe 5 or 6 eggs in there. Being her first spawn, I don't expect her to hold.

The bower is probably 10cm side to side, but I'll get a picture of it as well for you.

very nice , do you have to keep the two bigger boys apart from the rest becuase they will attack them , they dont look like they would be aggressive fish,

cheers

You probably don't Sarah, but at the price of these fish and my small 3 female ratio, I don't want to risk losing any. The males look like they COULD be aggressive towards each other, but I reckon they'd just do a lot of chasing away and not much else. The extra boys make good company for my pair of sumbu shell alto's anyway :lol2:

Couldn't get any of the girl holding as she wasn't in the mood to turn my way and I only had the patience to sit there for 30 minutes :lol2:

Here are a few more anyway of him trying to convince a second girl to spawn....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Archived