Featherfins Success

edas

Hi All

I have had my first success at breeding my Karilani Coppers! Stripped 13 fry from female that had been holding for 27 days. It was only her second time holding so I am very pleased. The fry are quite large and I have been feeding crushed flake. Just wanting to know of any suggestions of what else to feed the fry?

Cheers

Nick

Hi All

I have had my first success at breeding my Karilani Coppers! Stripped 13 fry from female that had been holding for 27 days. It was only her second time holding so I am very pleased. The fry are quite large and I have been feeding crushed flake. Just wanting to know of any suggestions of what else to feed the fry?

Cheers

Nick

Feed New Life Spectrum Grow Formula.

You can read about it here:

http://www.tqtf.com.au/default.php

Waruna :)

my foi find the nls a tad big for fry, unless you crush it up.

i use crushed flake, and bbs, but all my fry go into tanks that have a very heavy algal growth, so they can feed all day.

Hi All

Cheers

Nick

I put spirulina into a pepper grinder and give it a few twists twice a day for my C Foai Ruziba. Seems to work well.

When my Foai Sumbu hold that long they are spat when they're at least 1cm long. At that size you really don't need the micro foods such as liquid fry food etc and they happily consume any crushed foods. Within a week or two they are ready to go into a grow out tank and readily consume normal foods.

My My - all the secretive featherfin breeders are coming out of the shadows on the one post :shock:

My My - all the secretive featherfin breeders are coming out of the shadows on the one post :shock:

no surprises here yet 'Harry', still a few others to go yet

just pleased to hear of succeses with f/fins, much like 'T' breeders

When my Foai Sumbu hold that long they are spat when they're at least 1cm long. At that size you really don't need the micro foods such as liquid fry food etc and they happily consume any crushed foods. Within a week or two they are ready to go into a grow out tank and readily consume normal foods.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have only had this colony for about 3 months, first time with featherfins as well.

The fry are 1cm or just over and are eating crushed flake. I have two more females holding. They just won't stop! My next problem is that I have to convince the wife that I need a grow out tank, not an easy task living in an apartment! The second bathroom is lined up as the 'fishroom'.

Cheers

Nick

Archived