Electric yellows

m0oks

Hey guys!

Just wanna know what you guys feed your yellows and what works best for you? I feed mine HBH Veggie flakes,NLS and zucchini once a week.I'm just curious in what you guys feed yours as i wanna add another flake or pellet to my weekly routine.

NLS Thera+A 1mm/Cichlid Formula 1mm

only using the Thera+A to grow them out a bit quicker - just getting to breeding age now (first girl with a mouthful in a fry saver today)

My colony justs get Wardleys premium cichlid flake with the occaisional treat such as spirilina pellets and brine shrimp - great colour and they breed like rabbits (I stripped about 75 fry from 4 females the other day) and there's still a couple with mouthfuls of eggs. You definately don't have to over the top with fancy food for yellows - they're not that picky

My grow out tank:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/Har...nt/DSC03594.jpg

New Life Spectrum - it's a premium brand of fish food.

one of our sponsors, http://www.tqtf.com.au/ is the importer. It's sold retail through pretty much all the other sponsors & most 1/2 decent LFS around the place

OSI Cichild flake, spirulina flake, NLS (slowly making it the primary food from the OSI cichlid flake) and the occasional BBS that I have left over when I can bothered hatching it.

I have used Wardley cichlid flakes, tetra tropical flakes, NLS and OSI growth and colour.

I have yet to find a difference in colouration of my yellows.

Other people might have different experience, but IMO as long as its a reputable brand of fish food.

I have also read somewhere on an International forum that some members also add in Xanthophyll as a supplement to increase the yellow colouration. It is present in Lutein or marigold petals etc. If anyone have tried it or going to try it, please let us know the result.

Archived