Heating of Oscar tank

gatto

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with my oscar tank, the problem being what temp should the water be / heater be set on. its a 40lt tank approx, we live in north queensland so it not really cold.

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with my oscar tank, the problem being what temp should the water be / heater be set on. its a 40lt tank approx, we live in north queensland so it not really cold.

Hi mate,

Before you worry about spending money on a heater or this tank you may want to consider that an oscar will grow as big or bigger than the tank you have it in, the best thing to do is go out and get yourself a large tank and start from scratch and keep it in something more comfortable a 4ft minimum.

in north queensland wouldnt you probaqbly need a chiller instead of a heater :)

he's only in this tank until i can paint the lounge room and then it will be a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft, winter time it is getting down to 6 or 7 degress

he's only in this tank until i can paint the lounge room and then it will be a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft, winter time it is getting down to 6 or 7 degress

bloody hell thats cold, an oscar will be happy anywere in the 22-26 degrees range.

Good to hear he has a decent tank waiting for him.

best of luck, wishing you many years of happy oscar ownership

Archived