starting new tank

sutts5

Hi guys,

Will be starting new display tank in the next week or two. 6x2.5x2.5. Already have std 8 footer up and running. Any sugestions on what would do well with some Champsochromis caereleus. Have breeding colony of Polystigmas and Azures. What do you think?

Hi

Im only new to cichlids but i can offer you what little advice i know.

I understand Champsochromis caeruleus grows to around 40cm and is a predator which probably leaves little choice for tankmates. The tank size minimum for this fish should be around 1000l so it can spread its fins.

Fossorochromis rostratus or similar large substrate dweller could possibly be a good companion for this fish. Possibly other predators could also be good company but a little research perhaps before choosing.

Keep in mind these fish require large tanks with heavy filtration to be kept well.

Some reading

Champsochromis caeruleus

Im not home so unable to refer to a couple of good books by Ad Konings that i have but see how you go and il try to add some futher info later.

Brad

:confused: Might leave Champs in footer and put Polystigma and Azures with Breeding colony of phonoculus in display tank. There might be too many dark colours and blues together for display. Any sugestions?

Archived