New electric yellows

Josh

Hi all

If anyone is interested these are two pics of some electric yellows I bought over the weekend. These are the new bloodline in the country.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Let me know what you guys think.

Josh

Yes Gerard they will be kept seperate. I also have a group of 13 fish that I picked from 120 fish and I will be adding a male (if theres more then 1) to them girls

Thanks Jamie

They do seem to have a different body shape. I can now see why they were called electric yellows

Josh

They do seem to have a different body shape. I can now see why they were called electric yellows

They do look different to what you see around, sensational colour, definatley a nice grab.

I've been looking for some nice EY's.. think I'll be paying you an email in a few months when I have a tank to put some fish in :-).. (if that's ok with you Josh of course!)

Nice shots :thumbup:

Ours have also settled in well and their leaner, brighter shape and colouration are a sight to behold :) .

Cheers

I was a bit worried about weather or not these fish would live up to the idea of what we think a Yellow should look like. I think the fish speak for themselves. They are much better then I could have expected

Josh

Hi Josh,

Nice fish, great colour - please put me down for some fry when they're available :yes:

Is it me or are they tending towards being a bit orangy? Not that that's a bad thing, people have said that my yellows lean towards orange and suggest that I feed too much Tetra Bits :shock:

Do you know whether these new fish are wildcaught? F1? the product of an intensive German breeding program? What?

Nice pick-up all the same!

Cheers,

Lee.

Lee

I have no idea about their background. I would say they are tank breed somewhere other then here :lol2:

They are quite orangy. They are also quite thin and do need some feeding up to get them in top notch condition, maybe the color will change when they are in top condition.

I will be only feeding mine vege/spirulina flake and my own food mix, I would hate to see what color they would go if feed tetra bits

Josh

Nice fish!!!

I was wondering what characteristics of the new bloodline are favoured?

I'm asking because i often see very good yellows as well as bad.

The good quality fish are rare and hard to find, but if you look hard enough you will find fish of similar colouration and shape to the fish shown here.

Keep us updated on the yellows, if they actually colour up more... that would be a great find

I have no idea on how many came in. There would have been a few I am guessing

I'm going to get some I reckon to add to my existing colony, which I think are pretty good :lol1:

I searched far and wide to track down good quality yellows and these are the guys I got (there are 3 boys and 10 girls):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yep sure :)

I'll try to get some better pics of them soon. These were rushed as the camera was running low on power and I was too lazy to run upstairs and change the battery :roll

I searched far and wide to track down good quality yellows and these are the guys I got (there are 3 boys and 10 girls):

I know the feeling Andy, I have 5 sources thus far and heading for another. But I have a few crackers in that lot from people who have already posted on this thread. ;) . Lee tetra bits wear out :zipit::lol4::lol4::lol4:

Andy I noticed that you have a maingano in with your yellows do they breed OK together or is it a dither. I have colony in a 6x2x18 and I am building a maingano colony as well and am keen to offset them with something else.

cheers

rosco

There is a colony of about 20 maingano in there with them. They all get along fine :lol1:

Hi Rosco,

You're not having a shot are you :no:

I only feed quality food, Tetra Bits are only dessert after a main course of OSI Cichlid Flake and NLS.

We are what we eat - and so are fish :lol4:

I know of one LFS that buys white yellows really cheap then feeds them on quality food for a couple of weeks to get them to a colour they are happy to sell.

I wonder what the 'new blood' yellows (or any of the other quality yellows shown in this thread) would look like if fed cheap nasty food for a month.

Cheers ;)

Archived