Growout Tank

AQUAMX

Hi guys

I didnt realise this place had a plant section to. Anyway this is a pic of my 4x2x2 growout tank. Its not an aquascape just a tank full of cuttings that i was going to throw out but decided to keep and as it turns out now houses my fav plants.

Thanks guys i hope you like.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wow :lol4: , the colours on those plants are absolutely beautiful. Does that mean you have another planted tank as well?

Got any specs on that tank, lighting co2 etc?

Sorry for all the questions, beautiful plants mate :thumb .

Jamie.

Thank you Jamie

This tank actually started a couple of months ago with cuttings from another tank. Rather than throw them i planted them all in this tank. To my suprise this tank has had the least of my time yet is amazingly healthy. These pics were taken about a month after planting. It is crystal clear and is very low maintenance.

I used to be into plants for a while then stopped keeping aquariums for many years while i pursued another interest. Now that is finished im getting back into tanks and would like to do some aquascapes in the near future. I have a passion for aquariums so i hope for many more to come. You might have seen my cichlid tank in the photo forum.

Specs are

4x2x2

300w halide lighting

dupla substrate heating

Dupla delta fitting, reactor 400,bubble counter and visual test running 24/7

Ferts- seachem flourish, iron and npk every water change which is weekly 10%

Plant list is large and changes all the time lol so i wont bore you.

Thanks

Brad

Echornia diversifolia

IPB Image

Nymphea grown from the bulbus

IPB Image

Nice indeed

love the contrasting colours of the plants. Think ill be adding some red to mine now. can you give me the names of the reds.

Thanks Todd

• 3 weeks later...

Brad,

What Dupla substrate heating system do you use (the with or without the controller) as I have been thinking of getting one and are they effective?

I also have a 4x2x2 planted tank and was wondering how much (ml) Seachem Flourish, iron etc you use each week for your tank (just trying to work out if I can justify the cost to the wife) and lastly what type of MH do you have?

Thanks,

Dave.

Archived