Making fry savers

m0oks

Hey guys smile.gif

Just bought a couple of 10 ltr storage containers to make fry savers out of.Problem is that the stanley knife isn't doing a good job to cut windows out of. The plastic is to strong. Know another tool that would be better?Cheers!

Don't use a jigsaw it will crack the tub

You'll be ok if you go slow and steady with a fine blade withut too much blade speed [newer style jigsaws] and on a firm cutting surface.

But yeah, Dremel = uber.

Did my speakr pods with my mates dremel. Awsome tool.

• 2 weeks later...

Any cutting disc would do the job. I would argue that a higher cutting speed is the way to go as it would burn any plastic debris as opposed to a slower speed, which would melt the plastic onto the wheel making it work harder.

I've cut click clacks heaps. What I use is a cheap jigsaw with a high speed steel blade which has much finer teeth than the normal blades for wood. You can get the blades from Dunnings. I drill the initial hole with a fresh blade through masking tape. If you have trouble starting the hole you can melt a dent. Always use a fresh drill dedicated to cutting the plastic tubs. Once you use it on something else you will find it will make cracks. I then use the jigaw on the slowest speed. Unless the edge is not well held down it won't crack.

Archived