aphilophus trimaculatus

fishguts

ive just bought 5 tiny little trimacs...about 3cm long...anybody got em and what can i expect from these little beasties? i,m told that they will smash my festeas in the future... is this the case? if so what do you put them with? and also where do they origanate from? my guess was maybe nicaragua!

you will have fun with these guys, im sure bigsmile.gif

i have owned and bred these guys for the last 2 yrs.

and lets just say that they are my "most often moved" fish. huh.gif

they will fight with most everything from my experience. But they will not always be the aggressor.

atm i have my male in with large devils, dovii, blackbelt and splendida's.

I have my female in with synspilum, cubans and splendida's.

i hope i have helped abit?

Jaymes

heres a couple of pics of my pair. These were taken in January this year while they were in breeding colors and guarding a batch of eggs. (in a tank shared with devils, buttikoferi, dovii, splendida)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Jaymes

MY GOD! WHAT HAVE I DONE? shock.gif

OH WELL THEY'LL BE A CHALLANGE....they are great looking fish.....at the moment they look so cute (at 3cm) but i knew the devil was in the detail.....does the bull flog the female or are they only cranky with other fish? and do they pair up for life? or does he service more than one female? and where do they come from?

sorry about all the questions.. dntknw.gif

at the moment they are in a 6ft tank with a colony of luecasticta and red tapajos and a few ditherers...i guess that will change....thanks for the pics...the evil red eyes give them away hysterical.gif

Archived