Is this a spotted sailfin Plecco?

Hoddz

Hey all i have this beauty in my mates tank as for he used to rip mine apart just wondering if anyone can indentify him for me thanks. Sorry the pic isnt that good but he dont sit very still. Also he is 15-20cm long has huge sailfin and how much roughly are they worth?

user posted image

Thanks thumbup.gif

Hoddz,

I could be wrong, but to me it looks more like what the local lfs was calling a "plecostomus" than what my gibbiceps/"sailfin" looks like.

They were selling theirs for $70-$80 (they had a couple) for about 10-15cm long. They also had "sailfin" marked on another tank, though this was sold as there was no pleco in there.

The gibbie I have has the lighter mark/line more of a pin-stripe size, as if the brown was cracked, where as this one's lighter marks look thicker than that

cool thanks everyone. I have to swap or sell him though cause he is getting moved aroud so much and thats not good for him/her. I wish i colud have him in my tank but with the rock work i cant trust that he wont smash a rock into the tank. I have thought of so many other options as for i dont really want to let him go cause he/she is a beautiful pleco but if i aquire even one more tank. My wife will have divorce court happening LOL.gif with the 7 that i have running now i just keep my nose out of trouble bigsmile.gif ...

gibbi for sure smile.gif

-Mat-

I don't think you'll have much problem with him causing rock slides in your tank Hodds, unless you rock work is unstable. I have a 20 cm pleco in my african tank, heaps of rocks and he does ok. thumbup.gif

Just trying to sway your decision about getting rid of him! raisehand.gif

Archived