Frontosa being imported into OZ

sicj

Ok i havent been on the cichlid scene for about 1 year and now that i am back i can see alot of the blue varietys of frontys available which is awsome bigsmile.gif I just wanted to know were they accepted and when? thumbup.gif

Thanks yes.gif

That is awsome cant wait to get some

Also what are all the varietys that are available ? blink.gif

And what are the bluest variety available in oz

Here is a list of the frontosas varients...i believe that all of them are allowable imports..

Cyphotilapia Frontosa

Variant: Burundi (In the future, this variant will possibly be classified into a new species)

Collection Points:

Bulu Point

Burundi

Karilani

Kavala

Zaire North

Variant: Kigoma / 7 Stripe (In the future, this will likely be the only fish classified as Frontosa)

Collection Points:

Bangwe

Boulomboro

Kigoma

Cyphotilapia Gibberosa

Variant: Tanzania or Southern Tanzania

Collection Points:

Fulwe Rocks (Fulwe)

Ikola

Kantalamba

Kasanga

Kipili

Mabilibili

Mpimbwe

Molwe

Samazi / Bismark

Sibwesa

Tanzanite

Variant: Zambian

Collection Points:

Isanga

Chaitika

Nangu

Sumbu

Variant: Zaire (Congo, DR) or Southern Zaire (Congo, DR)

Collection Points:

Kalumba (Collected at Lupota?)

Kapampa

Kitumba

Moba (Collected at M'Toto)

Moliro

Tembwe

IMO the zaire blue moba, kitumba and kapampa are the most bluest while all the Tanzanian varieties have a very nice metalic blue colour..

But be prepared to pay upwards of $400 a fish if you wanted any of the zaire vairents... wink2.gif

• 1 month later...

WOW :lol4:

tHANKS MATE FOR ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP CHEERS :thumbup:

i apreciate your help

Just be careful to check out the Frontosa carefully before committing to purchase though, there are a lot of variants that are very similar in appearance and it would be very easy for them to passed off as one type when in actual fact they are not what they are claimed to be <_<

Cheers

Frony05

p.s. I have the Cyphotilapia sp. giberosa 'Tanzanite' and I am so glad I took the risk and bought these great WC fish, they are top quality fish from a reliable source.

WOW :lol4:

tHANKS MATE FOR ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP CHEERS :thumbup:

i apreciate your help

Just be careful to check out the Frontosa carefully before committing to purchase though, there are a lot of variants that are very similar in appearance and it would be very easy for them to passed off as one type when in actual fact they are not what they are claimed to be <_<

Cheers

Frony05

p.s. I have the Cyphotilapia sp. giberosa 'Tanzanite' and I am so glad I took the risk and bought these great WC fish, they are top quality fish from a reliable source.

Archived