Pseudotropheus lombardoi

nickbo

Hi

Looking for some advice on Pseudotropheus lombardoi, i've got a small male and two females about 3cm long and i was wondering how they would cope in a 6 x 2 x 2 tank with electric yellows, electric blues, hump heads and frontosa's there's lots of babies hiding in the rock work. Do you think the Pseudotropheus lombardoi will eat all the baby fry in the tank?

Cheers Nick

Nick -

Babies of what?

M. lomabardoi are amongst the more aggressive mbuna, so some caution is advised. The tank your taking about is quite large though, so it may work out.

David.

Nick -

Babies of what?

M. lomabardoi are amongst the more aggressive mbuna, so some caution is advised. The tank your taking about is quite large though, so it may work out.

David.

electric yellows, electric blues, hump heads babies

Cheers

well.... Maylandia lombardoi are mbuna, they arent known for their predatory skills. In saying that - they will chase and eat fry if they can get them. I think I'd recommend something more like Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (mainganos) or Pseudotropheus saulosi.

Just as much colour, without the angst.

I have kept lombardoi before and as these fish get older for me they seemed to get very very aggressive and they may disturb the balance of your tank l8r. Just be careful with them and what you put them with as i found out they can kill your other fish. sad.gif

Archived