My New Tank

batche81

Hmm... I'd lose that layer of rocks to be honest and maybe spread it out. Smooth rocks just look out of place to me.

Perhaps have some sort of rugged look to the tank, will make it look more natural.

I thought rounder rocks were more natural especially in rivers as the water has worn away at them giving them their roundedness.

Bruce

If your tank is setup for tangs then go for tropheus your tank is of great size and depth and has a perfect rock pile where your tropheus will breed, also tropheus will always keep you amazed as they never stop moving.

thumbup.gif

Hmm... I'd lose that layer of rocks to be honest and maybe spread it out. Smooth rocks just look out of place to me.

Perhaps have some sort of rugged look to the tank, will make it look more natural.

Funny how the lakes are full of large rounded boulders.

Mitch

Stop it. I can't handle anymore.

In all honestly, I'm not a fan of round boulders although they mimic the natural biotope of the rift lakes. I really like the greyish/black/white limestone. My old man came across and old quarry/mine in the middle of nowhere while working (near Bonalbo North-North-West NSW) which has a heap of the stuff.

Evertime he's out there I get him to get me an 4WD load, of which I can only transport 1/2 of it home when I make a trip to visit them.

I find these rocks have instant success no matter shape size etc. It's just hard to go wrong. In comparision I find rounded needs to have special attention made to selection - colourisation/size/shape - you have to work harder.

However, if anyone has seen that amazing species only 55g saulosi tank, you'll see how good the correct rock selection can make a tank look like you're in the lake...I can't remeber the link for it, someone might have it/seen it..

Cheers Mitch

I like the look your going for, would spread the rocks out a lil more...they look a bit too placed. Each to their own thu, your the one looking at it bigsmile.gif

Wouldn't like the job of cleaning it or catching any expectant females thu! no.gif

great links Mitch.

Archived