Orange spot bn advise. urgent!

Cory Fan

Hi all,

Can anyone please advise is orange spot bn can have bristle around their mouth too??

Thanks

Hi Cory Fan , they sure do. They are from the Ancistrus sp. family. I've tried to send you a pic. but i don't know how to send sorry.If you wana check it out on goggle select images then type L110 or L157. for some pics smile.gif

G'day

I agree they often have bristles around their mouth. Even some of the females as well shock.gif but not until they are lot older.

But if it is a young fish then I would say you have a boy.

cya Matthew

O/SPOT BN have the bristles around the lip at a young age.The males will first start to show their sex by getting a bristle just above the row around there lip.The rest start to appear from then on.They dont reach breeding maturity till around 3-3 1/2 yr old.Adults are brown with the small spots.Hope this helps.

I would have to disagree and say that they are able to reach maturity much earlier. My male started to spawn around the 18 month mark. Was with a much older female but male developed quickly. And very large spawns. Some upto 150 fry. Find them to breed much earlier and have larger spwans than peps.

Adam

Archived