Where to buy filter wool

Camo

not sure about kilo, but xtreme aqauriums has it "Filter wool 15m x 1700 $120.00 per roll - pick up or local delivery only"

try clark rubber, i saw them selling some that are suitable for aquarium, didnt check the price out

do you need any of those coarse mattings for the sump? i have 1 square meter that were left overs, i can cut u the size that you need.

$5 for a 30cmx30cm size?

Try Clark rubber. I got a 2mx1m sheet last year for $14 and still going :-) Fine wool. Dacron its called.

I only use it on my canisters, but certainly cheap.

xtremes roll sounds great! IF you are going to go through it that fast or you can split it among a group.

I use 'Hobbyfill' from Spotlight in my sidedrops.

Costs me about $10 I think for a 1kg bag. To give you an idea of size 1 bag is enough to fill the sidedrops in 6 tanks (4x18x18)

if it's dacron, Spotlight & other sewing shops carry is cheap as - only problem is whether it has any anti-mould stuff on it that might be toxic...

edit: beaten to it AND more info from BaZ blush.gif

Costs me about $10 I think for a 1kg bag. To give you an idea of size 1 bag is enough to fill the sidedrops in 6 tanks (4x18x18)

Ditto thumbup.gif

It also comes in 1/2 kilo lots too smile.gif

Cheers

Yep just like the normal 'wool' you can buy from petshops.

Breaks up into large balls for easy stuffing down the sidedrops.

Maintenance-wise, I clean my sidedrops every 6 mths. I remove the top half of the wool from each one and replace with fresh wool. (don't take the whole lot out as the bottom section should still be clean and you don't want to risk a big spike!)

So my filter wool costs for those tanks sits at about $10 per year clap.gif

Now if only spotlight sold a cheaper version of electricity......

Hey

Well thanks for that Baz. looks like im off to spotlight tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Cameron

Ditto on soptlight for filter wool. Been using it for a few years now successfully.

The other stuff I use is the really thick speaker dampening material from Jaycar, but only coz I work there. Good for the canisters I find.

Hey

Well thanks for that Baz. looks like im off to spotlight tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Cameron

Ditto on soptlight for filter wool. Been using it for a few years now successfully.

The other stuff I use is the really thick speaker dampening material from Jaycar, but only coz I work there. Good for the canisters I find.

Well "hook me up" the next I'm down there!

Baz,

I thought you used the dacron sheets from Spotlight as someone described earlier? Which section of Spotlight do I need to go to?

Troy.

Ummm I'm not what you'd call a regular spotlight shopper so I cannot tell you what section they would be in.

They used to be in a big bin near one of the checkout desks at the Penrith store.

Then they moved them and last time I went there I just wandered around the shop dodging old ladies with armfuls of fabric and craft products until I found what I was looking for.

It's a very scary shop if you're not brave smile.gif

Archived