Is it possible?

mcloughlin2

With enough cover I'd imagine they'd outbreed the maingano

N brichardi are tough little guys, I think of them as the tang equivelent to a convict - except they have concurrent broods where the older fry look after the younger (ie: 3 or 4 spawns in one cloud of little fish of varing size).

I haven't actually done it though, so maybe there's something I'm missing. dntknw.gif

Yeah i thought they'd be fine...

Its not a standard 4ft its a 48x14x20 so there is abit more room i was just told by my LFS that the Neolamprologus brichardi would be too peaceful for the tank and would be bullied etc...

I have kept them in a mbuna tank before with zebras but need to make sure neither will interfere with the other with breeding...

Thanks

Hey

Yes i would not do it. When the brichardi breed the maingano will try and pick off thier babies and in return baby brichardi getting picked on equals very very angry adult brichardi and IMO would hands down beat the hell out of maingano. I have maingano and they are not as aggressive as brichardi IMO.

Cameron

I agree also. The manigaino would not be able to help themselves from going for the fry. This will be the end of them. Brichardi can be quite the assasins. They will team up seek and destroy the others one by one eventually in all likelyhood.

cheers,

Jason

I had a breeding pair of brichardi in a 8x2x2 with full grown perspicax among other things. They not only bred but successfully raised babies and took over an entire 2x2x2 cube in the middle of the tank, attacking anything that tried to get from one end to the other. I reckon you could give it a go but I would be watching very carefully when you see signs of spawning from the brichardi and be ready to give up onespecies of the other if need be. They are quite able to destroy a maingano if they decide thats what they want to do.

-Mat-

Thanks guys!

Well being me, i think i will give it a go, and if i find that the brichardi become to aggressive they will be removed..

I am setting up the tank today as i have to add some more caves, pots and change the gravel so pictures may be posted in the next few days...

I will keep you updated,

Sam

(Ps If you have successfully done this before please comment on how it all turned out...)

Cheers!

Archived