Neolamprologus tretocephalus help

Guest parallel

Guest parallel

Hi fellow cichlid lover,

Just wondering have anyone kept these with Calvus? If so, what size tank?

I'm currently have a pair of Calvus, a pair of Tretocephalus not sure if they a pair fingers crossed and 3 small neo Buescheri. Is this too much and can I keep either neo in a 2 foot tank?

Cheers

Parallel

in a two footer, hmm the buescheri if they are a good pair will be fine in a 2x15x15

trets the males get to 20cm! , females 15cm so a 4 footer is probably better for them, if you dont have a pair of either the trets or buescheri you will find someone dead soon enough. i would not put any of those fish in togethere unless you have a huge 6x2x2 or bigger tank, you just happened to pick th enastiest of the neolamps....... cal

calvus might be ok in a two footer ,

the best way to keep trets and buescheri is in a community tank of robust fish, and not neolamps

Guest parallel

Thanks for the advice Trofius.

The neo Treto according to ad konings the male maxed out at 14cm and female at 12cm. Is this in the wild and tank breed can get up to 20cm? I am seriously hopeing they do not grow to that size. I'll be in seriuos trouble if they do.

Damn it....

thx for the advice. cryblow.gif

Cheers

Parallel

last adult male i saw was atleast 15cm , his wife was easy 12, i bought her when he commited suicide on the floor, she killed my 9cm male and 4 days later ended up on th efloor herself, i cryed, she cost me $50, and only had her for 6 days.

I am still wanting to give these guys a reall go, next time i will get atleast 6 and see what happens, its how i got a pair osf sexfasciatus..pair by default..lol

N. tretocephalus are aggressive cichlids (very).

I'd suggest that a species tank (no other cichlids) is appropriate for their care. You may be able to get away with a single pair in a 2' tank - though I'd suggest something over 3' would be more appropriate. They are much more aggressive than most other lamprologines we get in Australia (with a few exceptions).

I would have to agree. I wouldnt put them in anything smaller than a 4 footer. I have lost a few trets due to aggression. And its not that they were in a small tank just didnt get along.

They would have to be the most aggressive neo i have had second to Neo Christyi. They are mean suckers.

adam

hey champ

I was wondering if you would be interested in selling the trets as i have a lot of male trets and i need a few females.Any resonable price will be concided as i love to breed these fish they r such a challenge ...

my contact number is 0405293823 if you need advice on sexing them as wel call me it is resonably easy

Archived