Tankbuster tank

emp1re

Ahhhh... I'll just keep dreaming about a tankbuster tank for the moment wub.gif

Should be an awesome tank once finished.

Good to see someone else keeping some beasts. Nice fish.

Screw the birchirs get a pair of rays.. maybe some leopoldi? :wink:

i have 4 x 30cm endi , 1 x 40cm ornate and 1 x 35 delzhei and a 40 cm TSN

getting ready to go into the tank.

getting Ray , that is a idea illusin8 is trying to get me into.

leopoldi. woot.gif too expensive

planted tank is good:) screw the rays, just get like 10 RTG and fully plant the tank!

there is 60cm RTG in there already, i don't think i can fit 10 LOL.gif

I forgot to ask how did you get that piece of driftwood in there?

i bought the driftwood from this forum, it is cut in half in middle and rejoin once it is place in the tank.

i have 4 x 30cm endi , 1 x 40cm ornate and 1 x 35 delzhei  and a 40 cm TSN

getting ready to go into the tank.

getting Ray , that is a idea illusin8 is trying to get me into.

leopoldi. woot.gif  too expensiv

there is 60cm RTG in there already, i don't think i can fit 10 LOL.gif

Love to see those Endis you got any pics how old are they ?

Stick with the fish you are going with sounds great to me thumbup.gif

Thats my dream tank just do not have a floor that will hold it sad.gif

Keep a eye on that spotted gar only two days ago was looking at a TSN with no tail a spotted gar ripped it off and they were the same size fish. Think the gars eyes are to big for its belly.

pics of Endi please or a invite to come see you setup when finished wink2.gif lol

cya

Rat

i think the tsn may eat the bichirs, gotta be carful justin, 30cm bichir still small enough to fit in TSN's mouth, depending on the size of the tsn ofcourse, but your bichirs growth will slow down after 30cm, TSN doesnt seem to stop growing lol. 40cm tsn will reach 60cm, by end of the year even bigger.

Also its going to be pretty competitve come feeding time, how are the bichirs goin to get any food with those monos in there lol. Bichirs are pretty slow to find the food.

goodluck

nick!

i think the tsn may eat the bichirs, gotta be carful justin, 30cm bichir still small enough to fit in TSN's mouth, depending on the size of the tsn ofcourse, but your bichirs growth will slow down after 30cm, TSN doesnt seem to stop growing lol. 40cm tsn will reach 60cm, by end of the year even bigger.

Also its going to be pretty competitve come feeding time, how are the bichirs goin to get any food with those monos in there lol. Bichirs are pretty slow to find the food.

goodluck

nick!

Agreed. It depends on the species and the individual bichir. I had a large pair of ornates inmy 8x3 when it was packed with just about every tank buster under the sun. They seemed to do fine.

I think the major problem is the method in which people feed their tankbusters. Don't throw the food in one or two at a time. I would chop fish up into portions and deshell whole prawns and throw a good handful in every few seconds, that way all the fish would be able to feed. Opening up the lids on both ends and throwing food in both ends also works.

goodluck

nick!

Easy fix get rid of the rest and keep the Best Bichir tank only yes.gif

Ok the RTG can stay lol

Rat

sad.gifsad.gif My peacock bass swallowed as much of my senegal bichir(12inches) as he could. Spat it out as he could not seallow it, but it was a long battle and the bichir eventually died from it's injuries. I do not keep the bass any more. Loved the fish, but could not keep up with it's constant demand for food and impact on all fish it was kept with. Good Luck on what you decide to go with!

Is that Gar munching on a goldfish?

How much does it cost to feed all those beast?

Cheers

Parallel

yes is a goldfish , i only feed it once a month after quarantine it

it does cost a bit; i save money by buying in bulk.

Archived