Mysterious Death of my silver arrowana and Sarra

Sumtingfishy

Well its has been a sad two days for me as my two most prized fish has died. I am not sure how they died as everything in the water was correct and there were no problems with the fish. I belive that there may have been some sort of insect carrying fly spray that has entered the tank because there were no problems with the fish. My silver arro died overnight without any eveidence of being sick. In the mourning when my parents saw the silver dead they took it out and then took out the Sarratoga and placed it in a bath with melafix, they changed the water in the tank and checked the fish to see if the fish has any visiable fungus parasite etc. No sign of anything when i got back on sunday my sarratoga was still alive and i then did my own investigation into the death of my arro and found no problems with anything. Soon after checking everything i went to check on my sarra and it was gasping its last breaths of air and moments later died. Has anyone else experienced anything like this ?

Vas.

sorry to hear about your loss

have you ever considered that maybe there wasnt any dechlorinator or there wasnt enough added to the tank since your last water change??

fish dont die without a cause and i think you should further investigate the matter.

tell us what you discover.

Yeah i consider it all but i will be impossible that the water had clorine in it because the water is kept in a barrel and its half rain water half tap and its been there for 6 days because i do the water change on friday and when i get back on sunday i fill the water in the barrel up again and leave the water and ofcourse i put in water ager and all. But i seriously think its a roach/cricket or something that got in the water because the tank is in our living room and it neva had a problem for the past 1yr.

Thanks,

Vas

Interesting reply Nornicle - something to ponder!

If you are confident that all the parameters were correct, then it may be the crickets, cockroaches or similar.

If it is possible that insects affected by insecticides/roach baits were able to access your aquarium, it is highly likely that this led to the demise of your fish sad.gif . Very unfortunate indeed and sorry to hear.

merjo

Well i finally got to measure as it was to hard when they were still alive but the saratoga measured up to be 38-40 cm and my arrowana was 70 cm they were two big fish but yeah i just need to find a new arrowana and grow it up or find one already grown but really not keen on a sarra that much as its too agro towards other fish which took me 3 month to get rid off even when the arrowana was nearly double its size.

Vas,

Archived