furcifer/foai down under.

Ben

Hi Guys,

As you all know I love my furcifer. I am always on the hunt for a new variant but there is never any fry or adults for sale on the forums apart from coppers and sumbu and the odd magara from Laurie.

What I was hopping to do was get a list of what types we have here and who is actually breeding them.

I will update this first post with the different variants and who has them as we go. That's if I get any replies. blush.gif

Cyathopharynx furcifer Karilani Copper

user posted image

Kept by,

Ben (aka Ben)

Steve (aka Medowieman)

Bred by,

Ben (aka Ben) Juveniles available.

Steve (aka Medowieman)

Cyathopharynx foai Sumbu

user posted image

Juvenile male kept by,

Andy (aka Andy)

Bred by,

Andy (aka Andy) Juveniles available.

Cyathopharynx foai magara

user posted image

Kept by,

Mick (aka trofius)

Laurie (aka chorrylan)

Bred by,

Laurie (aka chorrylan)

Ok, who else has the above mentioned foai/furcifer or a different variant?

If you have a variant for me to add please post pictures if available.

Cheers

I have 7 foai magara i bought last year they are about 5-6 cm got them from a guy on the sunshine coast , QLD, Have also heard of some Ruziba in the Brisbane area..would love to find out were myself..

I have brought in Ruziba, Sibwesa and Magara. I cant remember where thay went but thay are out there some where. Thay were all tank breed.

Who's got the sibwesa? I want some of these......I'm going to have to rob a bank for the list I have here for you Nigel. laugh.gif

hi,

yes you can pinch the photo ben.

Magara

I keep magara but they haven't spawned recently. Some youngsters are fighting over a pit at the moment so I'm hoping that situation changes soon.

The griffin-kids posted a nice picture of their young male a while back... better than my photo.

Karilani Copper

Kentro (aka Ron & John) sold some spare adults and fry on the forum a little while back.

Sumbu

Christian Hart sells fry fairly regularly at the auctions

Hi Ben did you get my e-maill about the furcifer, Ruziba,for sale on the Queensland cichlid forum? there are 2 about 5cm for $20 each...

And Laurie I wish my Magara looked like yours can't wait.. my liitle guys still look like the youngster in the background, although the black around the edges of there fins is getting darker and can see some other very faint seperations in the dorsal fins, what size/age should they colour up , have hread about 2 years, and 10cm is this about right, they already bicker about territories and who eats were etc... thanks

Got your email this morning thanks Mick. It's a good deal but freight is twice the price of the fish. laugh.gif My coppers usually colour up at about 12cm. They show colour at 10cm but they don’t really fully colour up till about 12cm. About 1.5 to 2 years is what it normally takes. Depends on the tank size, filtration, company and food they have.

Lets hope they do something soon for you Laurie.

I could add a few people I know who are keeping the same foai as listed but I don't want to add any names till they reply, thus giving me permission to advertise what they have. wink.gif

I could add a few people ....

agreed. That's why I stuck to people I could remember having shown their hand either here or at the auctions.

As there were quite a few Karilani Coppers sold through Aquarium Industries and direct to a few shops (eg Fish4U) early last year there are a number of colonies that have been starting up breeding over th last few months.

I think Bayfish were selling sibwesa recently (I was talking to someone who was considering buying 'em but didn't) ... did anyone here get some????

Come one people I know there are lots of you out there with foai or furcifer, its nothing to be ashamed of. laugh.giftongue.gif

I want to have a list of what we have in the country more that who has them. PM me and I will put you up as anonymous if you like.

Who has the colony of Kigoma that St George had from their last import?

How are they going?

Did you know you pick them up and left the shop 30 min before I got there to pick them up? tongue.gif I should have rung ahead and asked them to hold them for me.

Cheers

I know Bay in Queensland have brought a lot in over the years. Mybe some one up there can put a question on the Queensland forum. Just a thought. The other problem is that a lot have died over the years.

I nearly had the Morilo, they were ordered on the shipment that cancelled earlier this month unfortunately, so i fully echo Ben's sentiments whats out there as i still want to get myself a colony of these fantastic fish.

Customer waiting in Melbourne here.

Mark

Ben,

FYI, I have a colony of Foai Moliro, and they are beautiful fish...Yes they have spawned but females did not hold to full term....They were from St George's last shipment.

They were in with 6bar fronts, and perhaps one of the reason's why females have not held full term....now they are in a 6x2 on their own, and hopefully this change will result in success.

I will try to take some pics and post them wink.gif

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

*puts hand up* Ok Ben, im admitting to owning some foai 'Sumbu' rolleyes.gif

However they are a long way off breeding, the largest being about 8cm. I will be splitting the colony when they are older though, all 11 of them arent going to fit into my 6x2x2 laugh.gif

Nikki

hey guys , well i know over here in WA(Wait Awhile) we have atleast the coppers and the magara , i have 6 lovely juvie magara and i for one , am hanging out to see the colour chage

happy fish keeping

cheers

steve green

Archived